chapter 27

Chapter 27

             Pain, darkness, darkness, pain, the two seemed to go hand in hand, every time the rogues would come to her cramped little cell she was blindfolded and dragged to Darren, Lyric had no idea how long she had been there, but she had learned how to act around Darren, you are not to look in his direction or you will be hit, you are not to speak or you will be hit, she had learned to stay quiet or be punished. She shivered remembering all the bites they had given her she was covered in them, but the worst thing was when she was sitting by Darren and all of a sudden this pain stabbed her in the heart, she clutched at her chest and fell to the ground, she remembered Darren laughing at her, he always laughed at her pain but this was different, he got up into her face and smiled, she remembered his words clearly as if he had just said them seconds ago.

            “Your beloved just died” he said in a cheery tone. Beloved, she didn’t have a beloved, if she did then he would have saved her by now, right, but every time she touched the necklace latched around her neck she felt sparks fly through her body, did she have a beloved, was he looking for her, did he care, she could vaguely remember a time where a man had been kind to her, but she only saw him in her dreams and his face was always blurry. She shook her head as the rogues brought her to a stop in front of what she guessed to be Darren or one of his friends, whoever wanted to feed from her. She fell to the ground as she felt a hand slap across her face.

            “You are to always look at the ground in our presence” a rogue said, Lyric nodded knowing if she spoke they would only hit her again, she heard Darren chuckle.

            “Looks like you’re learning, good” he said, Lyric nodded again.

            “Can I feed now, I’m hungry” a rogue said.

            “Of course, go right ahead” Darren said, Lyric felt someone roughly grab her and sink there fangs into her neck, then another rogue sank there fangs into her wrist, others joined in after that. She was about to pass out when suddenly they all stopped as if something had commanded them, then the screaming started, all around her rogues were screaming, she stayed where she was, unable to stand because she was bound by rope, even if there was no rope she still had no strength to move, then it went silent. Someone stepped closer to her she felt there presence and cowered away.

 “What have you done to my beloved, brother” the unknown vampire asked.

 “No…your supposed to be sleeping, slowing starving yourself to death, there’s no way you can be awake yet” Darren said, fear very clear in the shake of his voice.

 “Well your shot didn’t work on me” the unknown vampire said, his voice calm, and for some reason his voice calmed her as well, she felt no threat from him.

 “Impossible, she felt the pain of your death, she knew you had died…and do you want to know the best part” Darren asked a sinister smile stretching across his face.

 “What did you do to her” the unknown voice asked venom dripping from his words, Darren just chuckled unaffected by the unknown vampires rage.