chapter 3

As The Huntress and Prince Lucas walked down the hallways of the palace The Huntress kept scanning the shadows for any sign of a threat, the crimson walls and gold trim gave the place a dark essence, the gold carpet was plush beneath their feet, every few feet there was a streak of silver entwining through the carpet. The walls were lined with paintings, most of past kings and queens and there families, the eyes of the dead seemed to follow them as they walked farther down the hall. Prince Lucas stopped in front of a set of double doors, he turned back to The Huntress.

"Stand close behind me, my scent will be stronger than yours, it would take them longer to tell that you're here, that will give me time to tell them about you and explain why I let the most dangerous hunter into the palace, ok"? Prince Lucas said watching The Huntress closely, she nodded her head silently. Prince Lucas turned back around to face the door and felt The Huntress step closer to his back. Prince Lucas took hold of the gold door knob and opened the doors, he took a deep breath then walked into the room.

There were two vampires in the room, when Prince Lucas stepped into the room the conversation stopped and the two vampires turned to look at the Prince, a man smiled, his white blond hair the same as Prince Lucas's, but his eyes were forest green, he was wearing a long black cape and black pants with a white button up shirt underneath, he gave off an air of authority that no one could deny. He looked down at Prince Lucas's hands and frowned when he saw no blood on them.

"Is the rogue dead"? The vampire asked.

"Yes father, he is" Prince Lucas paused and took a deep breath "but I was not the one who killed him" he finished.

The king looked confused "then, who did son" he asked.

Prince Lucas stepped aside, The Huntress stepped forward bowing slightly to the king. The king stood shocked. The other vampire in the room shook with rage, his midnight black hair slicked back, his red button up shirt and black pants made him seem like he was trying to blend into the décor of the palace.

"Why would you bring this filth into the palace" the vampire asked still shaking slightly. Prince Lucas stared at the vampire for a moment before answering.

"Victor please calm down, this is The Huntress, and she led me back home after I watched her kill that rogue and save the poor girl that it had attacked, she is no filth, she has not harmed me once, and I wished to bring her to my father because of the problems we are having, we do not wish for her to be harmed or turned into a monster for the enemies use, she is an ally, not an enemy" Prince Lucas answered calmly.

Victor huffed, anger rolling off him in waves "she is a danger to the king, and look at what she did to you, your shirt is torn" Victor said, looking at the hole in Prince Lucas's shirt. Prince Lucas looked down at his shirt, then back over to Victor.

"She tore my shirt to see my mark, she did not harm me, and as I said, after she knew who I was she took me by the hand and led my back to the palace" Prince Lucas said running out of patients. Victor huffed again then he lunged for The Huntress, the move was so fast she had no time to defend herself, in the blink of an eye she was press up against the wall, his hand wrapped around her throat and her feet dangling off the ground. Victor tightened his grip on her throat she gasped, trying to get air into her lungs, her eyes connected with Prince Lucas's, he nodded, telling her it was ok to fight back.

She brought her legs up against his chest and pushed, hard. Victor flew back and she dropped to the ground, coughing and gasping for air, she didn't have much time to recover because Victor was coming back. She pulled one of her swords from her back and raised it, ready to fight, her eyes narrowed on Victor, he lunged for her again and she dodged to the side, scraping his stomach with her sword, she rolled and stood beside the king. Victor hissed and pulled a knife from his waist and threw it at The Huntress, but his aim was off and it went flying toward the king. The Huntress gasped and ran over to the king, she caught the knife right before it would have plunged into his heart, she sighed in relief, the king stared wide eyed at The Huntress. Her blue eyes swirled with black as she turned and threw the knife back at Victor, he ducked and lunged for her again, once again grabbing her by the throat and tightening his grip. The Huntress gasped again and again, trying to breath, her vision was growing hazy, she was going to pass out, there was no way she could pass out in the presence of a vampire. With that thought The Huntress lifted her hand and a bright light shot out of her opened palm engulfing Victor, he screamed and released The Huntress, the light stopped and The Huntress and Victor fell to the ground. The Huntress coughed and gasped for air as Victor held his eyes screaming.

"She's a witch, the devil, she used magic on me, I can't see, I can't see" Victor screamed over and over again.

The Huntress coughed again and shook her head, Prince Lucas rushed to her side and helped her to stand, she stumbled and fell into his chest, Prince Lucas tightened his hold on her as he led her to the table in the center of the room and sat her down in one of the chairs, she nodded in thanks then used her hands to make a writing motion, Prince Lucas nodded.

"She needs a pen and paper, quickly, she could be hurt" Prince Lucas's concerned voice shouted, in a few moments a servant came through the door with a pen and paper in hand, she handed them to The Huntress, she nodded in thanks and sat the paper on the table and began to wright.

vote

comment