chapter 5

The Huntress unzipped her jacket and started to pull it off but winced when she had to move her shoulder, the red in her eyes intensified as she tried to pull the jacket off. Prince Lucas walked up behind The Huntress and placed his hands on her arms, trying to help her pull her jacket off, but she stood up from the cot pulling out of his arms and letting go of her jacket, she reached for a dagger from her arsenal. But when she saw Prince Lucas she hissed at him angrily and put the dagger away. Prince Lucas slowing walked up to The Huntress.

“I’m just going to help you with your jacket so you don’t hurt yourself more” he said as he gently pulled her jacket away from her body. The Huntress shivered when the cold air hit her exposed shoulders, Prince Lucas stared at the Huntress before slowly holding out his hand to her, The Huntress stared at his hand for a few moments before slowly placed her hand into his, he led her back over to the cot and lifted her up onto it. Matthew came back over and started cleaning the wound, she hissed at him and Matthew jumped back, afraid to get to close to The Huntress.

Prince Lucas sighed “you have to let him near you, the faster he can get this done, the faster we can get you into some warmer clothes and not this flimsy black tank top” he said, motioning toward The Huntresses black tank top, she hissed at him, but Prince Lucas hissed right back. Her eyes flashed briefly to black before Matthew walked over and started stitching the wound up, the black faded from her eyes and turned back to the faint red and yellow color. Prince Lucas stood after a few seconds of silence, he couldn’t stand seeing the pain in The Huntresses eyes, he had to get out of there.

 “I’m going to go get you a new shirt” he said, with that Prince Lucas walked quickly out of the room. The Huntress felt Matthew tense beside her and felt guilt stir in her chest, she didn’t mean to be mean, but when you lived the life she has to, and when you had to hide in fear of being killed…you learned that its kill, or be killed. She sighed and carefully reached for the paper and pen Prince Lucas had grabbed for her earlier and began to wright.

 I will not harm you, I’m sorry if I scare you, but if you lived like I do, than you would understand my hesitance to trust any of you, but if you’re worried about me freaking out and killing you than you have nothing to worry about, I promise as long as you don’t drink from an unwilling human I won’t harm you, The Huntress handed the paper to Matthew, when he had finished reading over it he gave The Huntress a gentle smile.

 “I understand, I’m sorry for the way I was acting…” The Huntress shook her head and took the paper back.

 Its ok, I understand, I don’t feel very comfortable being in the same room with you…or any vampire for that matter, she wrote, Matthew nodded.

 “I understand, is there any way I could help you feel a little bit more comfortable around me”? Matthew asked. The Huntress stared at him for a few moments before nodding slowly.

 “What can I do”? Matthew asked, but before The Huntress could write down her answer Prince Lucas walked into the room with a dark green shirt in his hands.

 “Here, this is something my sister gave me, I hope its ok” Prince Lucas said, he handed the shirt over to The Huntress, she nodded and took the shirt, slowly pulling it over her head and pulling it down over her tank top. Prince Lucas looked at the paper in Matthews hand and narrowed his eyes at him.