chapter 13

Chapter 13

As they walked into the large training room The Huntress tensed, there were about seventy vampires in the room, and they were all staring at her. She hissed at them, they seemed shocked, their eyes widened, and the ones closest to her backed away. She narrowed her eyes, not liking all the vampires staring at her like she was some shiny new toy they couldn’t wait to break.

“Huntress” the king yelled from across the room, he waved at her and started walking her direction, when he was right in front of her he smiled.

 “What do you think, they all came to be taught by you” the king said, The Huntress remained silent.

 “What’s wrong, you do understand that you will have to talk to train these vampires, do you not” he asked smirking, she nodded her head, the king laughed.

 “Oh dear, it looks like you’re going to be stubborn, well, if you’re ready, then I think it’s time to get started” he said. The Huntress nodded, the king walked over to the small raised platform at the front of the room, as he walked up the stairs The Huntress stood at the bottom and scanned the room. The high ceilinged room made it feel as if you were outside, the white walls were lined with weapons and safety equipment, mats were laid out on the cement ground for fights, the room echoed, causing every little sound to be amplified, even the smallest of sounds could be heard. The Huntress narrowed her eyes, searching the crowd, but didn’t find what she was looking for, or, she should say who, she was looking her, she shook her head, she couldn’t think like that, he was a vampire, and he almost killed her, she couldn’t trust him, but that’s not what her heart told her. She looked through the crowd again, but still didn’t find him, she huffed and turned her attention to the king as he began talking.

 “As you all know, we are being threatened. The rogues have band together to create an enemy worthy fighting us, now, it is up to us to fight back. We will not be thrown back into the dark ages, we will never again turn into the monsters we once were, and as most of you know, we have a hunter that has agreed to help us. She will train us, and she will fight with us, but, she does not fully trust us” the king said, looking over to The Huntress, she narrowed her eyes at him.

 “Come on up miss” he said. The Huntress climbed the polished wooden stairs and stood beside the king and looked out at the crowd in front of her, to her surprise she was met with clear, multi colored eyes of every one, she expected to see glowing red eyes staring back at her, she relaxed her tensed muscles and looked over to the king, he nodded and stepped back so she could speak to the crowd of cadets. The Huntress stared at the vampires in front of her, and spoke through her cloth, her speech was a little muffled, but because the cloth was so thin she could still be heard clearly because of their enhanced hearing.

 “I am The Huntress, and as the king said I will be training you, and fighting with you, do not mistake me, I do not trust you, I may never trust you, I was nearly killed by vampires once, now, I will train you, and you will be on time, and work, if this is not the case, then you will be punished, now, move into two groups. If I am correct then we also have the royal guard here, yes” The Huntress asked.

 “Yes miss” one vampire yelled, she nodded.

 “Good, if you would please split into two groups, on one side of the training room have the guards, and on the other, the vampires who have not been trained” she said, the vampires quickly moved to their positions, The Huntress nodded.

 “Now, if I could have all the guards come talk to me, the rest of you please stay where you are” she said as she jumped off the stage, the guards gathered around her.

 “Please do not stand at my back” The Huntress said, the vampires moved in front of her, she nodded.

 “Now, you have already been trained, I want you to take one vampire and teach them the basics, after that, I will add on, and I expect you to be able to keep up and teach your cadet, is this understood” she asked.

 “Yes miss” they all answered in unison, she nodded again.

 “Dismissed” she said. They spread out and paired up, as they were teaching, The Huntress walked around watching the vampires fight. She would occasionally fix something if needed, after an hour The Huntress stood at the front of the room again.

 “Good work, now, that is all we will be doing today, but tomorrow I will be fighting some of you, no weapons, just hand to hand combat, but here’s the catch. I will not fight you unless you say you accept, it’s a challenge, understood” she asked, the vampires nodded.

 “Good, and good work today, you are dismissed” she said, she was about to walk off when one of the vampires stepped forward, his long, dirty blond hair was pulled back into a braid, his dark brown eyes shined with curiosity and fear as he stepped up to The Huntress, his six foot three frame towered over her small, five foot three frame. He looked down at me and shifted uncomfortably.

 “What is it” The Huntress asked, her eyes changing from there ice blue color from her pushing down her emotions to orange, as she began to feel cautious around the vampire. His eyes widened.

 “It’s true” he whispered, all the other vampires gasped, The Huntress nodded, the vampire stepped back from her.

 “Um…well some of us were wondering if we could ask you some questions” he said, staring at the ground. The Huntress tensed, no one had ever said that to her, she smiled beneath her cloth. Her eyes changing once again, the orange blending with a little pink from her embarrassment, she nodded slowly.

 “You can, if everyone will sit, I will answer some of your questions” she said, the vampires quickly settled down and sat in front of the stage. The Huntress sat on the stage and stared out at the crowd.

 “Now listen, I will only answer your question if I deem it appropriate, is this understood” she asked, all the vampires nodded, she looked back at the vampire who had talked to her earlier.

 “You had the guts to come ask me if I would answer these questions in the first, what is your name” she asked, the vampire tensed.

 “Xavier” he said, The Huntress nodded.

 “Well Xavier, you may go first” she said, he nodded and squinted his eyes, thinking.

“What did you mean when you said you had almost been killed by a vampires before, what happened” he asked, the door to the training room opened and closed and The Huntress saw a shadow mover across the floor and sit at the back of the group, she had been staring at the vampire, not at all worried about who had walked in, she didn’t care, but as she looked up to start telling everyone her answer, her eyes locked with two silver and gold glowing orbs.

oh no whats going to happen haha hope you liked it