15. Eavesdropper

July 15, 2018

"Create a poem, short story, or journal entry about a conversation you've overheard."

I chose to write it as diary entries.

________________________________________

September 20,

Dear Diary,

I am sorry to be crying as I write this, the ink mixed with my salty tears, is dripping on your beautiful lovely pages, but I cannot help myself. Though it goes to prove what I overheard, 'she is such a big cry baby'

I agree that I cry easily, I cry over books and movies too, but then my brother does not have to go around discussing that, does he?

*********************

September 25,

Dear Diary,

I am quite angry now, I have thrown subtle tantrums and dropped numerous not-so-subtle hints but he refuses to let me know about the conversation which involved him stating that 'I am a cry baby.'

*********************

September 30,

Dear Diary,

I give up, I want to continue being angry but then, it is only hurting me, maybe I am blowing things out of proportion and I should simply let it go. But then what exactly have I done to be labelled as a tempestuous child?

*********************

October 4,

Dear Diary,

I am a cry baby, indeed, I would have thrown a fit if the beautiful box, handmade and with painted stars, was thrown away. A gift is lovely but then the box should not be discarded, nor should the wrapping paper nor the pretty bag it came in.

And now that I learnt of the context, I am glad that though I was quick to judge, I hesitated to pass the judgement. 

It would have left me ashamed for the rest of my life.

___________________________________

Word count 239