88. Natural Wonders

I sort of gave up, I seriously had to google for the list of natural wonders and that is where I got lost, for it appears that there are a number of lists though the most common one seems to be that which lists the seven wonders. However, seriously, how did they arrive at that number? There are so many of them, I am unsure how they decided to pick seven. But then, we have to draw a line some where, so I too decided to pick seven, the seven that I found to be the most fascinating. 

[Warning - the pictures are from the internet (I mention the article from which the same have been taken) and the descriptions are from Wiki/ net articles.]

Here they are, in no random order:

(PHOTO: Constantin Stanciu - from an article by Sophie Miura on mydomain

(PHOTO: Constantin Stanciu - from an article by Sophie Miura on mydomain.com)

Elafonisi beach has been voted several times as one of the most majestic beaches not only in Europe but also in the world. The area features exotic beauty: dunes, cedar trees, white lilies, black rocks, rare species of animals and birds that live there, blue waters and bright white sand. All these, make this beach really unique and Elafonisi holidays really popular! It is located in western Crete, 75 km southwest of Chania. Elafonisi is a small island at a distance of 200 meters from the shore. Between the island and the shore, there is a shallow lagoon of 1-meter depth at most.

The sand of Elafonisi beach is white, but in many places it is pinkish due to the thousands of broken seashells it contains.

_____________________________________________

(Photo: Marietas Islands from an article by Sophie Miura on mydomain

(Photo: Marietas Islands from an article by Sophie Miura on mydomain.com)

  Barely visible from the sky, Islas Marietas' hidden beach is surrounded by huge rock walls that form a natural skylight. The surreal stretch of sand has a bizarre history: It's believed the secluded paradise was formed from an explosion when the area was used for military testing. Nature has now reclaimed the site, and the water is brimming with schools of fish as bright natural light streams from the opening above. The hidden beach can be reached by a short swim through a tunnel, which opens up into the stunning enclosure.