139. Sharing

November 16, 2018 

"Write about sharing something with someone else."

___________________________________________

share

/ʃɛː/

verb

gerund or present participle: sharing

have a portion of (something) with another or others.

"he shared the pie with her"

synonyms: split, divide, go halves in/with; More

give a portion of (something) to another or others.

"they shared out the peanuts"

synonyms: apportion, portion out, divide up, allocate, ration out, give out, distribute, dispense, hand out, dish out, deal out, dole out, parcel out, measure out; More

use, occupy, or enjoy (something) jointly with another or others.

"they once shared a flat in Chelsea"

The definition is quite simple but then the emotion and reasons behind this act are multiple and at times complicated. Sometimes, it is simple politeness in company, remember the lunch breaks in school where we were encouraged to share our lunches with our friends and classmates. That behaviour ingrained even when you grow up, for if any of our colleagues stop by our desk and we a munching on biscuits we would offer the same to - embedded courtesy.

Then there is 'sharing' with the less fortunate - mostly on religious grounds though works well on practical grounds as well. What you have in excess you give away - another form of sharing though most would not call it so. Especially when you volunteer your time and resources to help out the needy effected by natural calamities.

It is present within family get togethers and dinners, when all concerned, okay  most, would try to see that almost everyone gets to sample the spread rather than simply hog whatever one likes (you have people like this too, but the most would have an eye on the quantity and the number of people yet to eat).

Then there is the forced sharing - namely taxes levied by the government and one that make almost all of us crib- who wouldn't, it hurts to have our hard earned money taken by the government and watch them spend it on themselves, mostly. It hurts...

Finally it comes to the best mode - when you give of yourself and your possessions - freely and without much expectation of return; when you give because you want to motivated by love (any form); because the joy on the face of the recipient is reward enough. That is the best way to share.

____________________________

Word count 367

And I am late - missed it yesterday :-(