131. Macro

November 8, 2018

" Write a description of an object close-up."

____________________________________________

This prompt is clearly in the 'conspiracy' category. I mean, what sort of a prompt is it, 'write about an object in close up. First I have to decide on an object and then I have to view it in close up, which again is ambiguous, does it mean close up with naked eyes or close up using a magnifying glass? Do not laugh, the level of details varies, though after a certain point, it gets blurred again. I think there is an optimum level of magnification.

So I am going to take a literary licence, partly because I have no clue as to which object I want to pick for writing about and partly because I find it silly (sour grapes, anyone?) Anyway, back to the topic, when you observe an object up close, the level of detail visible somehow destroys the big picture so that even if you could see the minute details you might not be able to identify what the object is.

Case in point - the above picture- beautiful lines of weave, of green and blue and a hint of pinkish purple- the silken strands clearly visible, each band uniform and separated. A lovely product. But what exactly is it? For all the details, the colour, the individual components and the finesse which we identify, we have no clue as to what the product is. That is the problem with having such a close up view, you have lost the big picture (The same is metaphorically used when a person is described to be myopic or nearsighted).

Now can you guess what the picture is all about.

_________________________________________________

Word count 270