99. Seasonal

October 7, 2018

"Write about your favorite season. "

___________________________________________

Which season is my favourite?  Winter. I love winter, even if we do not have snow, in fact, it does not even get very cold, yet I love winter.

The cold air, the way your breath mists when you breathe, the light fog that clings to the ground in the early morning, the sun which seems to be crackling and warm and inviting too. It is the season for lovely fruits, ruddy apples, luscious grapes as well as beautiful vegetables (irrespective of the fact that most vegetables and fruits are available through out the year, the ones available in the specific season are definitely fresher and tastier). I am almost salivating thinking about the aloo parathas, the gobi parathas, mixed vegetable parathas (winter is the season on gorge on these greasy delicacies) with loads of fresh butter and thick curds and a helping of pickle. Somehow even food tastes better. 

Drinking coffee is a joy, hot chocolate is a pleasure. I would love to wear woollens but then it does not get so cold here. Your skin is dry and scaly, chapped lips are a constant, but it nothing which moisturiser cannot take care. Despite the cold, you feel healthier and fitter. 

I simply love winters.

____________________________________

Word count 206