77. Geography

September 15, 2018

"Pick a state or country you've never visited. Write about why you would or would not like to visit that place. "

________________________________

It is not fair, how do I pick and choose? There are so many places that I want to see and rather than allow me to list them all, I have to pick and choose. Or maybe I can list all of them under the pretence of picking one. Or maybe I will twist the choice a bit, instead of a country or a state, let me pick a continent – Europe.

Why Europe, I have no clue but something about it fascinates me. I have only been to London for a couple of months and not to any of the other countries, but someday, I might. A girl can dream, right?

Austria (Vienna) for it is the birthplace of many famous musicians and Mozart spent a significant part of his life in Vienna. There must be something in the air or the water, how else would you explain this? I want to breathe the air, where so many compositions were created.

Belgium (Brussuls) – do not laugh, it is the home of Hercule Poirot, the fictional detective created by Dame Agatha Christie. And how can one forget chocolates.

Denmark (Copenhagen) – home to the Vikings.

Finland (Helsinki) – no particular reason but then Wiki lets me know that Finland is the world's top per capita consumer of coffee, that is reason enough.

France (Paris) – Do I really need to list down why? Though, a visit to the Disney world (mainly for all those giant wheels) tops the list.

Germany (Berlin) – Again no specific reason, just a fascination, but a purchase of a Black Forest cuckoo clock is a must.

Greece (Athens) – the cradle of western civilization.

Italy ( Rome) – for pasta and spaghetti and the architecture (Florence and Venice- anyone?)And it is the home to poet Dante Alighieri who wrote The Divine Comedy, Petrarch whose sonnets serve a model and Vivaldi, the greatest of Baroque composers (his violin concertos – The Four Seasons – is brilliant, to say the least (I am giving the link below)

Russia - not too sure - I want to see the architecture but am wary of how cold it can get.

Switzerland – Again, simply fascinated maybe with the dairy products.

Turkey – for the carpets and the pottery

And that is enough for me, as of now.

________________________________

Word count - 380

That is for now, what are the places you would want to visit?