103. Vacation

October 12, 2018

"Write about a vacation you took. "

___________________________________

Vacation is rare, as in the accepted definition of the word - a planned holiday at a different place. However, the dictionary defines it as a planned time spent not working, which sure sounds nice; one that I would love to take most of the time.

So when was the last time I took a vacation? Surprisingly, I cannot even recall, unless it would be the three day break I took for meeting my school friends. That is one memorable vacation, though it would be more like a rejuvenation. Meeting with school friends is reassuring, they have seen the worst in you, before the world has seen it, and most likely still see it and yet they do not love you any less. In fact, they love you more for the flaws you have. It is relaxing, you can let down your hair and all the walls too. You can be as stupid as you want, laugh as much as you want and even cry. Their shoulders are their to lean on and hugs, the warmth of which will carry you for quite a few days.

That is my vacation, one which we try to take regularly - the intervening time is spent in equal parts planning for the next one and in reminiscing the last one. There is no sightseeing, though we take a long walks (at odd times, one time it was in a sleepy village at two in the night, with darkness around you and stars above). We spend time talking and eating, and that is quite refreshing (no need to plan, 'what do we cook?') Get up as late as possible, sleep even later, if we get around to sleeping in the first place.

No plan, no routine, just living and laughing, and that is a perfect vacation.

____________________________

Word count - 300