90. Green Thumb

September 28, 2018

"Write about growing something."

______________________________

I have one and I love to use to. Earlier when, I stayed in a house that had a garden, it was a back breaking work; digging up the soil, preparing the beds, planting the seeds/seedlings, watch them sprout (you had to lay newspapers for the first two weeks or they would dry in the sun) and slowly and steadily grow. Then comes the pruning and debudding, till you finally have the blooming plants.

Watching your garden grow is a sight for heart and soul. Sitting in the balcony, sipping the morning coffee and admiring the riot of colours, which is indeed the fruit of your labours, is a peace that must be felt. It is the same of a vegetable garden, nothing can beat the taste and freshness of these vegetables, straight from the garden to the pan.

Heartwarming as it is, it is heart wrenching too, when a plant dies on you. You shed a tear or two, and make a vow, no more plants, but then a week later you will end up with two.

Now I stay in a flat, so I cannot have a garden and make do with a few flower pots; but that is enough.

It is said a single rose can be a garden, my lone flowering shrub can be my paradise.

_______________________________

Word count 218. Short but hopefully sweet. Happy weekend.