"Marry You" D. Winston

"...it's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do..."

[Marry You by Bruno Mars]

For the best, most supportive bud:

"Dallas, can't you go more than a week without doin' somethin' stupid?" Kaitie asked, holding back a small smirk as the couple drove away from the police station. Dallas just smirked at her from where he sat in the passenger's seat "you love when I do dumb stuff, doll." As much as she didn't want to admit it, he was right. One of the reasons she fell in love with Dallas was his reckless behavior. She mumbled quietly, biting back a smile "pain in the ass." Dallas chuckled before looking over at her "y'know, it's a pretty beautiful night." Kaitie could feel his gaze on her, making her blush "I don't know what dumb thing you're thinkin' about doing but stop it."

He smirked over at her "what if we go get married?" Kaitie stopped the car in a heartbeat and looked over at him "Dallas Winston that isn't funny." He shook his head, smiling as he took one of her hands "I mean it; it's a beautiful night and I'm always lookin' for somethin' dumb to do. This is somethin' I wouldn't wanna do with anyone else." Kaitie opened her mouth to speak but he stopped her "I know this little chapel on Elm Boulevard, we can before they close for the night and they'll marry us in five minutes." She looked at him, trying to find a sign he was joking but there wasn't one. Kaitie felt herself smile some before it fell slightly "don't we need a ring?"

Dallas chewed his lip for a moment before he smiled and pulled off his skull ring "we've got a ring." He slid the ring on her finger with his usual cocky grin before looking up at her with a sincere and genuine smile "I wanna marry you doll, let me do this."

She couldn't stop the smile from crossing her face as she watched him put the ring on her. He'd given her something he was proud of, something he never let anyone wear and now it was her's. Kaitie's smile fell some at a thought, making her look up at him "what if we wake up one morning and you want to break up?" Dallas looked into her eyes, showing nothing but genuine honesty and feeling "I won't; I'm guaranteeing that right now."

After taking a minute to debate it, Kaitie smile at the hood she'd grown to love and nodded "let's go get married, Dal." Dallas grinned wide and leaned over, pressing his lips to her's in a quick passionate and loving kiss. He pulled back after a moment and smiled, a gleam in his eyes "let's go, doll." She nodded happily and started to drive again, grinning happily.

After driving for a few minutes while following his directions, she pulled up in front of Buck's "Dallas this ain't the chapel." He grinned goofily and kissed her on the cheek before getting out "just trust me and give me a minute." She huffed quietly and nodded, watching him run inside the bar.

When he came back out to the car five or so minutes later, he had a Polaroid camera. He got back in the car and smiled at her slightly confused look "you'll know soon enough, baby." Kaitie shrugged it off and started driving again, following his directions. "How do you even know this place'll be open, Dal? It's almost ten o'clock," she questioned as she drove. He just smiled "this chapel closes at midnight doll, trust me on this."

Soon enough, she parked in front of a small, white chapel on the outskirts of soc territory. Kaitie looked over at him nervously "you sure you wanna do this, Dally? Now's your chance to run." He just smiled lovingly "I'm positive; tonight's a beautiful night to be dumb and get married to my favorite girl." Kaitie smiled wide and leaned over, kissing him softly before quickly pulling back and getting out. He got out and followed her to the door, opening it for her "after you, dollface."

Kaitie stuck her tongue out playfully as she walked passed him "you only do that to see girl's butts." Dallas laughed half-sarcastically as he followed her "I'm not gonna deny it, it's a pretty good move." She smirked back at him "well after tonight you better watch who you do it to, Dal." He rolled his eyes and lightly patted her butt as he passed her "we'll see baby." As she usually did, she swatted his hand away when he patted her butt "watch it."

She watched him laugh and walk up to the person behind the front desk "hiya, we'd like to get married ma'am." The middle-aged lady looked up from her book and eyed the two with mild suspicion before shrugging "Father Marcus is down the hall, second door on the right." He nodded and held his hand out for Kaitie "c'mon, doll."

She took his hand and started down the hallway with him. They walked into the small room indicated by the secretary to see a couple of elderly people sitting in the front row of chairs and a man sitting on a desk reading. Dallas cleared his throat some to get their attention, running his thumb across her knuckles when he felt her grip tighten on his hand. "Father Marcus?" Dallas asked when the man looked up. "Getting married on this lovely night?" He asked, getting off the desk and setting his book down. Both Dallas and Kaitie nodded, the man in the cassock rifled through a file cabinet quickly before pulling out a paper and motioning for them to come forward.

He motioned to the elderly couple in the front row "these are Mr. and Mrs. Carter, they'll be your marital witnesses." Dallas nodded some and waved to both briefly before looking back at the priest. Father Marcus picked up a bible and started speaking the basic vows. When finished, he looked over at Kaitie, waiting for her to speak. She looked between him and Dallas, smiling as she said the two words "I do." He repeated the vows for Dallas, looking at him while he waited to speak. Dallas smiled stupidly "fuck yeah, uh, I mean I do!" He corrected himself when she nudged his leg with her foot. The Father nodded "then you may now kiss the bride." Dallas smirked at him before pulling her close to his chest, kissing her with a mixture of love and lust.

She was breathless when he pulled away, smiling lovingly at her. Father Marcus smiled at the two and lead them over to the desk "all that's left to do now is sign the certificate and you'll officially be married." They both signed the paper and shared a look. The couple he had witness signed as well and of course the priest signed it, officializing it "congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Winston."

They both thanked them before going back out to the car. As soon as the chapel door closed behind them, Dallas smirked at her "let's go back home and consummate this marriage." Kaitie nudged him and opened her door "you're such a dumby, but you're my dumby now."