Chapter seven

Once Harry and I got back to my flat we got ourselves comfortable on the couch with our drinks and food. Giz walked over slowly and hopped up to join us, again forcing me to scoot over towards Harry to accommodate his size.

"More Grey's?" He asked as the tv turned on. I nodded quickly in agreement.

We weren't even a full episode in when Harry turned to me. "Do you have a blanket or anything? ‘S freezing in here."

"Oh yeah, sorry about that. The whole heating and cooling in this building doesn't work so great." I explained as I went to my room. I grabbed the large blanket from my bed and brought it to the couch. He tossed it over himself and held up the edge closest to me, expectantly.

"Well?" He asked. "Are you gonna get under or freeze to death? ‘Cause I've got no problem letting you freeze, your own foolish mistake."

I moved down the couch towards him slowly, still thinking whether I really wanted to or not. But the shiver that ran through me my made the decision for me. Once I was by his side he put the blanket down to cover my lap as well. I drew my knees up to my chest causing the blanket to ride up and uncover Harry's feet.

"Hey," he drawled. "Keep these down, no fair." He tutted as he gently pushed my legs down. Our legs were pressed up against each other and I could already feel him warming up. After sitting like that for another episode I couldn't sit still.

"I can't sit like that for another second or I'll go mad. My legs need to bend." I told him quickly. He looked at me, puzzled, for a second before grabbing my legs and pulling them over his lap. That way he could keep his extended and we'd both still be covered.

"There." He smiled, proud of himself. Harry let his hand fall comfortably onto my leg.

I sat tensely for about fifteen minutes when Harry gave my leg a light squeeze where his hand rested. I looked over to him quickly, but he made no moves to look back at me. He just continued watching the show and had a small smile on his face as he gave me another reassuring squeeze. I made a point to try and relax my muscles and just watch tv. Throughout the episode he would drum on my leg during the tense scenes, rub small circles after them and give me quick squeezes during the really sad ones.

We had gotten through two more episodes when Harry's phone rang. He fished it out of his pocket and informed me it was his sister.

"‘Lo?" He answered.

"Brother!" I could hear her cheer from the other line.

"Hey Gem, you alright?" He greeted. He listened to her ramble a bit about her day before she asked him in return about his.

"Yeah, ‘s good. I've been bumming around for a bit mostly, went for a walk in the morning." He told her.

"On your own?" I heard her ask in a tone that told me she already knew the answer to that question.

"‘M with my mate, Savannah, Grimmy's latest obsession." He joked and shot a wink at me. I laughed and shifted away from him, pointing to the kitchen to excuse myself silently, wanting to give him some privacy.

"Yeah, we're just watching telly." His voice faded out as I made it into the kitchen. I started the kettle for tea. I was on my way to pop into the room to ask Harry if he wanted a cuppa when I heard his words clearly again. "...can't, I'm with Savannah. Maybe another time Gem."

My eyebrows furrowed and I started to shake my head at him. "Uh, hold on a second Gemma." He tilted the phone away from his mouth and stared at me. "What?"

"You don't have to blow off your sister, we can do this...whenever." I gestured around the room.

He opened his mouth to respond but then he flinched away from the phone. "Bloody hell Gemma, relax. She wants to talk to you." He said to me and reached the phone in my direction.