Chapter ten

Author's Chapter Notes:FLASHBACKS ARE IN ALL ITALICS

Savannah's POV

After going out with Nick I had been sitting in my flat for the past two hours thinking. I wanted to see Harry and try to talk to him, clear the air completely about what happened. I wasn't usually one for trying to have "talks" with people, I tended to avoid any and all confrontation, but after speaking with Nick I thought it was probably for the best. I knew I had some decisions to make about how I wanted everything with Harry to play out.

***

"You know I've gotta ask babe...how are you doing? Really?" Nick questioned after we had been together less than an hour. "‘Cause Harry was a wreck, so I imagine it was pretty bad."

"I'm fine now, honest. It's happened plenty of times before...the attacks obviously not the, you know." I cleared my throat, not wanting to dwell on the mobbing. "Is he still angry?"

Nick let out a long sigh before replying, "I don't think that lad knows what he feels right now."

"What do you mean?" When I had spoken to him it was pretty clear that the prominent emotion was anger, some disappointment.

"Do you like Harry, Sav?" He threw at me suddenly. I could feel my face heat up so I looked down to my hands while I answered.

"Well obviously. I like both of you a lot, glad I met you and all." There was no way I was discussing this with him. I still wasn't even sure of what I was feeling and I was not going to confess any of that to Nick, Harry's best friend. So I tried my best to play dumb.

"God what a pair you are." I heard him mutter under his breath. "Yes, he's still angry. Think last night probably just made him angrier at himself." He finally answered.

"Why...what happened?" I knew he had left with a girl and I'm sure Nick knew as well, but I couldn't see why that would make Harry angry. I didn't want to seem nosy, asking about the girl, but he had brought it up.

"Don't try and be coy with me Savvy, I know you saw those pictures and I know that's why you didn't want to come to breakfast this morning." I was going to protest that, but he continued on fiercely. "He left with that slag and regrets it."

"Well why would he regret it?" I decided to ask bluntly, not understanding.

"God, you're not really this daft?" He paused before rolling his eyes. "Forget it, you lot are useless. All I'm gonna say is Harry is worth it okay? Any and all of it." He looked at me seriously as he said it and before I could ask him what the hell he was talking about he shook his head and stood up. "Now! Let's go get some real tea because this is rubbish."

***

Never once did it cross my mind that Harry wasn't worth it. I hadn't known him for very long, but I knew he was a rare type of person. He was intrinsically kind. He gave his all to his fans and into his work, knowing how important it is to them. But it was just as important to him, when he spoke of work he'd light up as he went on and on about the new things they had done on tour, different twists they put on songs, and new artists they worked with. He would do anything for the people in his life, no questions asked. The simplest way to describe him was good. He was a genuinely amazing friend to me already and I didn't want to lose that. I'd put my feelings for him aside and deal with whatever may come my way. Nick was right.

I'd be lying if I said that the girl he was papped with wasn't at the back of my mind, but I couldn't hold that against him. He's single, he could be with whoever he chooses. But as I sat, letting myself think about it for a minute, I realized that it bothered me more than I would have cared to admit. I just wanted to speak to him and move on, maybe he'd agree to just pretend the past two days never happened.