Chapter thirteen

I was in bed attempting to read, but my mind just would not allow me to focus. I decided it was pointless to keep trying, I had reread the same page at least ten times and had retained no information. My mind was on Harry. Shocker, I thought sarcastically.

I was beginning to think that maybe it really was in my best interest to confess my feelings to him. I still found it hard to believe that he returned these feelings, but I also knew Nick wouldn't lie to me about that. I figured I would come clean.

Just then my phone lit up with a text from him. Harry hadn't answered my message about bringing Grace along to dinner yet, so I figured he was finally getting back to me.

Yyes zz

Oopsei that was ment ot be xx

You ok there, Harry?

Noep

That caused me to sit up.

No? What's wrong?

Really drukn

Do you need me to come get you somewhere?

No no you shuold stay way from me

What are you talking about Harry? Where are you I'll come get you...

Nooo

I sighed loudly in my room and swallowed my nerves as I pressed "call."

"Saaaaaav," he dragged and I was immediately thrown by his use of my nickname. Harry never called me anything other than Savannah.

"Harry, please tell me where you are? I don't mind picking you up."

"Nope," he replied, popping the p.

"Why not?" I asked, exasperated already. I just wanted to go to bed, but I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully knowing he was out like this.

"I'm no good." I felt my stomach fall. He really didn't sound himself and I was beginning to get more and more worried.

"Of course you're good, Harry. You're one of the sweetest people I've ever met." I shook my head, knowing he couldn't see me. The notion of Harry being no good was too ridiculous.

"Nope, no. ‘M shit. No good for you. And last night was bad,'m so stupid." My heart was breaking listening to him speak like this. I wasn't used to anything other than happy, playful Harry. I was unaware this dark side of him existed. Last night he had been so giggly and light, tonight he was his polar opposite.

"What do you mean it was bad?" I couldn't stop my voice from sounding sad. As confusing as it was, I thought the night before had been sort of wonderful.

I heard him mumble and curse under his breath. "Not bad, nothing with you is ever bad. It was dumb though, so so dumb. I'm so dumb. ‘M rubbish."

"Harry, stop it. Now. Just stop and tell me where you are." I could hear him mumbling his protests, still refusing to tell me. "I'll look up an update account, Harry, so help me God."

"Club Groucho."

"Don't move."

---

When I finally pulled up in front of the club I got out of my car and went straight to the security guard, explaining that I was Harry's ride. I had texted him, instructing him to let security know I was coming because I was afraid I'd be denied entry to get him. Thankfully, he had listened and I was taken into a small lobby where Harry was sat with his head in his hands.