Chapter twelve

I was drunk.

Or at least on my way there. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one. Once Nick, Harry and I got back to my flat and I started cooking Nick insisted that we break out the alcohol. So now we were all sat at the table, near tears from Nick's latest story, and I found myself feeling uncharacteristically sappy about the boys sitting by me. Not that I found my life empty before them or anything, but they definitely brought a light to it that I hadn't realized I needed.

Nick stood up suddenly, knocking the table and almost spilling a bottle. "Oh my god!"

"What is it this time, mate?" Harry asked, only seeming mildly concerned.

"I just remembered I have a movie at home I have to watch! It's only just come out in theaters, but someone gave me a DVD copy the other day." He boasted.

"What? How on earth did you manage that?" I asked.

He got a sly smile and sent me a wink, causing me to shudder. "Never mind, I'd rather not know."

Harry laughed. "Why have you suddenly decided you have to watch it right this second?"

"Why the hell not?!" He sang. "No time like the present." I was beginning to think Nick may have had more than his fair share of drinks tonight.

He rushed over to the couch and started to put his jacket on.

"Woah, woah. How do you plan on getting back to yours? You're sure as hell not taking my car and I'm not driving." Harry said from the table, his speech even slower from the alcohol.

"Um excuse me, mister popstar, there's such thing as a taxi! It may be beneath your social class, but not mine!" He all but yelled, throwing his arms around wildly.

"Alright there, pal."

"Are you sure, Nick? I'm sure I've got a movie here we can watch..."

He was already shaking his head before I could even finish. "No! I want to watch this one! Don't worry Mum and Dad, I'll be back in a mo." And with that, he flew out the door.

"Jesus," I whispered to myself.

"That's drunk Nicholas for you." Harry rolled his eyes lovingly. "This is about gone, want to finish it off with me?" He asked as he held up the bottle of tequila Nick had insisted we took out. His exact words were, "We're having Mexican, you twats! That means, by law, we need tequila too!" I was pretty sure he made that law up.

I grimaced at the bottle, not overly fond of the bitter liquor.

"Come on, we can't let Nick have anymore." He reasoned as he poured out two shots for us both.

"For Nick?" I asked, laughing.

"For Nick!" He cheered as we took the shots.

I shook my head the second it made its way down my throat. "Bloody hell, that's awful."

"Phew," he let out a big breath. "Wanna finish that Grey's episode from the other day while we wait for Nick?"

"Yes!" I responded more enthusiastically than I meant to. I giggled at myself and Harry smiled at me.

"I have to admit, drunk Savannah is quite the sight."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" I asked, not knowing if I should be offended or not.

"Don't worry, you're incredibly endearing when under the influence." His eyes were glassy as he looked at me and his mouth was turned up in a goofy grin.

"I suppose that's a good answer." I hummed, satisfied.

Harry plopped down on the couch and I sat to join him, grabbing the remote. We sat in drunken silence for the beginning of the show and I reached up to scratch my head and realized that I still had my baseball cap on.