Chapter fifteen

I was woken up by the sound of yelling. From my room I couldn't make out much of what was being said, but as I listened to stomping up the stairs I heard, clear as day, a "fuck you." I hopped out of bed and whipped my door open to see a fuming Ryan storming by.

"Oi! What's going on?" I demanded.

"Nothing, Sav." He snapped.

"Well that was very obviously something. What's the matter with you two?"

"Will you just piss off?" He turned around quickly to scowl at me and I was startled by the redness of his eyes and the dark circles under them.

"Are you drunk?" I asked him. It was just after ten in the morning and I was really getting sick of having to ask people that question.

"Just go down and have breakfast with dad. I'll say bye before you leave." He said, sounding exhausted. And with that he closed the door in my face.

I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen to find my dad leaning over the counter top. "What was all that?" I asked him now.

He only shook his head and waved a hand at me, "What d'you want for breakfast?"

"I want to know what that was about." I huffed as I sat down.

"Your brother's just been going out a lot and I'm being a worry wart. Don't you start worrying too." He gave me a pat on the shoulder as he placed my tea down in front of me.

I decided to leave it be at that, but made a mental note to ask Connor if he knew any more details of their fighting.

"What time are you sticking around ‘til?"

"I figured I'd leave around half twelve. Gives me more than enough time to get back to London, hopefully there's not awful traffic and then have plenty of time to get ready for Nick's with Grace."

"Sounds good. It's looking pretty shit out, so what do you say we watch a movie and then I'll send you off on your way?" He suggested.

"Brilliant." I smiled.

---

There was traffic. Lots of it, but I finally got back to mine and texted Grace that she could come over whenever she wanted so we could get ready.

I desperately needed to do a load of laundry, but Grace said that she had an outfit that she had all planned for me, so I had one less things to stress about. I got in the shower and washed my hair quickly. Also shaving my legs, just in case. She wouldn't tell me what the outfit was so I figured I'd cover all the bases.

I was glad I did when Grace showed up at my house with a short, simple white collared dress on a hanger.

"Grace...I don't think this dinner is quite so dressy. I mean, it's just us at Nick's house." I told her as I inspected the dress. It was beautiful, but still, I would feel more comfortable in something more casual.

"No, no. Don't you worry, I'm already way ahead of you there." She took off towards my bedroom. I followed after her and saw her sorting through the rack of clothes in my room. "Got it!" She turned back to me and handed me a plain black sweater. "Go put the dress on with this over it." She instructed. So I obeyed.

I fixed the dress so that it's collar was popping out from beneath the sweater and she squealed. "It looks so good!"

"Are you sure? I don't look like I'm trying too hard or anything?" I asked her, self consciously.

"No! And I'm not even going to make you wear real heels, I reckon it'll look quite cute with your Chelsea boots. The ones with the small chunky heel though." I nodded agreeing with her. "Come on, I'll do your hair as well."