Chapter seventeen

Author's Chapter Notes:

Savannah's texts are in italics, Anyone else will be in bold

Nick, being the nosy git that he was, had witnessed mine and Harry’s goodbye through the car window and the second he was back in the car he demanded I tell him every detail of the previous night. So I did. And he made sure I didn’t leave out a single detail.  

When I was finished he let out a sigh, “Well thank god you guys are finally together.”

“Oh. No, no, we’re not...I mean we went out, but we’re not together.” I shook my head and adjusted the beanie I was wearing that I stole from Harry.

“What do you mean?” He asked with a look of confusion.

“We’re not like official or something, we’re just...testing things out. It’s, I dunno, casual.” I shrugged, not sure how to describe it. The easing thing was easy for Harry and I to grasp, but I wasn’t doing so great at explaining it.

“What kind of bollocks is that?” He demanded.

“‘S not bollocks.” I grumbled.

“It is! You guys are perfect for each other and cute, I’ll bet you any money that you’ll end up official. Why bother with any of this garbage?”

“I just need some time, okay?” I said with a harsher tone than I meant. I cleared my throat, “Harry’s not exactly in the best place for a relationship either, you know, mentally.”

He looked ready to snap back at me for a second before he paused, thinking of what I said. Then he pursed his lips slightly, “I suppose you’re right. Kid is a bit of a mess...but what does that mean for you?”

My brows furrowed and my head fell to the side slightly. “In regards to…?”

“Did you guys set rules?”

“Rules?”

“Well, like, he’s gonna be in LA for an extended amount of time. Away from you. Surrounded by girls.” He enunciated. “What happens if he kisses someone? Shags someone? Is that okay?”

I opened and closed my mouth before being able to respond and my head began to spin a bit. It had all happened rather quickly, our talk, the date, and now leaving for LA. I hadn’t thought of any of what Nick was saying. I really wasn’t in any place to demand that Harry didn’t have...interactions with other girls. Obviously it would hurt, but he could do whatever he wanted. We didn’t put any boundaries on this so it would be unfair of me to hold him to a certain standard.

“If he wants to...then yes.” I lifted my shoulders slowly into a shrug.

“Yes?! Are you mad?” Nick shrieked.

“We didn’t discuss it! But I know we’re not, like, exclusive, so if he chooses to go out one night and snogs a girl...that’s up to him.” I explained. “I won’t hold it against him. That wouldn’t be fair, we didn’t define this.”