Chapter fourteen

Harry's POV

The second I got back to mine I went straight up to my room, hoping that I'd find Savannah still occupying it. She wasn't. I wasn't surprised though, although our meal didn't take long I doubted she'd stick around this long. It was nearing 1 in the afternoon. I debated calling her, but decided I needed some sleep first. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of a plan for what I was going to say to her.

After last night I was more confident that she returned my feelings for her, even though I still doubted it a little. She hadn't exactly told me how she felt, but at the same time she did, without so many words, in the bathroom. Although, I hadn't told her how I felt either, but I thought I made it more than obvious with my drunken actions.

I didn't want to confess my feelings and have her think that it meant I wanted her to jump straight into a relationship with me. I had to make that much clear. I had no doubt that that would frighten her away if it wasn't. Not that I wouldn't like a relationship with her. In fact, I'd like nothing more. But I had to try and ease into this with her.

I fell asleep easily as my head hit the pillow.

---

I wasn't woken as easily though. I was brought out of my deep sleep with a rough slap on the shoulder. I snarled and rolled over to see Gemma standing above me.

"What the hell is going on with you?" She demanded.

"What have I done?" I asked, not understanding why I was being beaten awake.

She tossed her phone at me and on the screen was an article about me almost fighting a pap. I rolled my eyes at the exaggeration of the situation. "Plus you're hungover. Plus I talked to Niall."

"Fucking Niall." I mumbled. "What'd he say?"

"He told me that you're really torn up about something to do with Sav, but you mostly talked to Zayn about it so he didn't know much. That's not good enough for me though, I wanna know what's going on." Her demeanor had softened as she sat at the foot of my bed. She nudged my leg with her knee. "Spill."

"Gem..." I sighed, not wanting to get into this again.

"Start with the pap." She instructed.

"Doesn't really make a difference what I start with, ‘s all connected." I explained. "I was hungover and some arsehole pap wouldn't let me through him and then was talking shit about Savannah. I got pissed off and shoved him. That's all. Wasn't a big deal."

"What'd he say?" She asked.

I clenched my fists again at the memory. "Rude things." Gemma could obviously see that my anger hadn't subsided and decided to leave it at that.

I told her the story of going to Groucho and being piss drunk and having Savannah come to pick me up, leaving out the details of all that I said to her. "Then I came here and was sick and Savannah stayed the night." I shrugged, trying to play it off like Niall had exaggerated the whole thing.

"You're such a shit liar. There's more." She rolled her eyes and had that look on her face that told me I shouldn't even waste my time trying to tell anything less than the truth. I met her stare with an eyebrow raise to which she retaliated with a single eyebrow raising up in superiority.

Finally I exhaled, giving in. I went through the whole night in excruciatingly embarrassing detail. I basically told her the same story I told Zayn. I retold Savannah and I's conversation, as accurately as I could recall it. Explaining to her about my insecurities and pessimistic views on relationships. I lowered my head when I revealed to her all the things Emma had said to me and how I still carried them around with me today, how I still found them to be true.