Chapter twenty

Harry’s POV 

I really hadn’t thought things could get worse for me and Savannah, but then I made the hideously stupid decision of getting drunk and calling her. I really couldn’t tell you what came over me and convinced me that it was a brilliant idea to call her when I knew she didn’t want to speak to me. 

Everything I said to her was true though. I did want to be with her properly and this whole mess only set that in stone for me. It was just going to be a matter of apologizing to her and begging for her forgiveness first. Which was what I had been trying to explain to Nick on the phone. 

“I’m coming home.” I stated as I threw back what was left of the drink in front of me. It probably wasn’t my best idea to be getting drunk in the airport, but I was really pissed off with myself. 

“You’re what?” 

“Coming back to London. Now.” I stated. “I’m at the airport, just waiting for my plane to board. Listen, mate, don’t tell her.” 

“Why the fuck not, Harry? Are you just gonna show up and blindside the girl?” He accused. 

“I don’t want her to shut me out.” I drunkenly whined. 

“Well you might deserve it, mate, ever think of that?” His words hurt, but they weren’t changing my mind at all. 

“I’m coming. Will you pick me up from the airport?” 

“You know I will, but are you sure that’s the best idea, Haz?” 

Next thing I knew the phone was being ripped from Nick’s hand and Savannah was on the line. She demanded that I leave her alone until I was back home, which I figured I could do since I only had a 10 hour flight between us. I had planned on getting some sleep on the plane. I was already feeling the headache coming on after the first two hours and I was hoping I’d be able to pass out and feel better by the time I got to London, but it clearly wasn’t happening. 

Now I was at hour four and all I could think of was her voice when I said I wanted to be with her. She sounded so disgusted by the idea, but I prayed it was only because of the way I had brought it up. Parts of me began to doubt that though, the dark, self deprecating parts of me. I wouldn’t blame her if she wanted nothing to do with me after what I had pulled. Sleeping with the other girl when I first met her, those drunken nights I embarrassed myself, kissing another girl, and now that phone call. Who would willingly put up with shit like that? The more I sat thinking about it all, the more I began to feel panic settling in my chest. This was all going to be over before it ever got a chance. I couldn’t lose Savannah, I already felt so strongly towards her and I wanted so badly to be with her. 

I felt like calling my mum…or anyone who would tell me it was all okay, but then it dawned on me that I didn’t deserve it. Not one bit. I didn’t deserve to call my mum and have her comfort me. I had fucked up and I had to be mature and own up to it. I was just praying that Savannah would give me the chance to speak to her. 

It was around six thirty in the morning when I finally landed at Heathrow, Nick had already texted me to let me know he was waiting at the back exit I used. I met him there and he pulled me into a tight hug when I got in the car. When we pulled apart he reached around and gave me a swift smack in the back of my head. 

“Ow!” I put my head against the back to rub against where he made contact. 

He gave me a stern look that told me to can it because I knew I deserved it.