Chapter 5

My eyes felt heavy and I could barely make out anything. Everything was blurry. 
"Rose , can you hear me ? Rose?"

Tank was calling my name. I finally lifted my eyelids to be met with light.  Blinking away the blurriness I take in my surroundings. I am in a huge bed probably California king that has  a soft black comforter wrapped around me  .

The smell of  Bleu De CHANEL cologne engulfed my senses.  It was my favorite cologne.  It has a woodsy smell along with a little bit of citrus complimenting it. Along with the cologne I could smell cigarette smoke. It's like the smells meshed perfectly together.

Tank was sitting next to me holding my hand and I seen the mysterious vp guy sitting on the couch along the wall nect to a door.

"Hey, rose listen the doctor said you need to take it easy that your jaw will be sore for about two weeks and it has a cracked bone. You won't be able to talk due to the swelling. You had to get stitches in your leg . You have multiple bruises . "

I slowly nodded letting him know I understood.

"O and uhhh well that guy is dead so he won't be coming around anymore. Red took care of him." He pointed to the vp. So his name is Red....

I held my hands out and acted like I was writing so tank got me a pad of paper and pen.

I handed it to tank and pointed to red

Tank gave the paper to red and I watched him read it. Red stood up and walked towards me and shoved the paper at tank.

"He was your brother ?" Tank almost yelled at me.  I shook my head and wrote another note.

Tank and Red both read the note

Anger written all over their faces. "What about your parents ? Where were they?"

"Is that when I seen you at the bar ?" Tank asked taking my hand in his

I shook my head yes. Red looked down at me in disgust and turned and punched a wall leaving a huge hole and left the room.

"Sorry about him, he gets mad at certain things.  I'm going to let you rest. "

I nodded my head.

"If you wake up don't worry you can come downstairs to get something to eat.  I have to go to the bar.  You have been sleeping for a while day rose.  Get better please. " with that he kissed my forehead and left my room.  I soon found myself drifting to sleep.

------

It must have been a couple of hours before I woke up dying of thirst. I lifted myself off the bed and into the floor . Wincing at the pain from my leg I made it into the bathroom.

The cold water hit my face making me feel refreshed. I would change but i have no clue whose room this is and I was already wearing a huge black shirt that covered my body all the way to my knees.

I looked outside through the window and realized it was bright out so I must have slept through the night.

When I reached the kitchen area everyone was talking about random things. A blonde girl seen me walk in and began making a plate with eggs bacon and toast and poured a glass of juice.

I looked around for someone familiar and seen Red sitting alone at the bar.

I walked towards him and tried my best getting into the high stool. He shook his head and reached over grabbing my waist and lifted me up with ease placing me in the stool beside him. 

The bubbly girl placed my plate and cup in front of me.

"Dam, girl I like you . Nobody is brave enough to sit near Red ... heck you even got him to touch you . Now that's a first. " she said making Red give a growl like noise her way. Her eyes shot up in panic and left me alone.

Looking down at the food I heard my stomach grumble.

I took my fork and got some eggs and slowly brought it to my mouth .. I could barely open it and put the food inside. Wincing I slowly chewed to food up ... it felt like hours before I could swallow.

The Orange juice was just as hard to drink . When I brought it to my mouth barely opening it,  the juice spilled down my chin .