Chapter 16

Red

Red

Red

Is all I seen pure hate. Hatred towards the men standing in front of me. They again did not protect someone.

I kept hitting blade's chest over and over as I wept and screamed at him.

How could he? How could he let them die? It's not fair.

My next couple of days I just slept in Reds room not eating and not coming out.

Blade brings me food but it goes untouched. How could I live when the two most important people in my life is dead.

I loved Red. Yes he hurt me , but he went and killed my dad's gang so I could go on living a normal life. He revenged our child's death.

-----

I can't keep myself locked up so I figured I would go in the hospital for a shift.

When I walked in I noticed not a lot of people in the er waiting room.

I grabbed my charts and looked through them.  Normal patients a kid with broken arm....

A John doe pulled out of a fire. 

John doe? He had a couple of severe burns and out in a medically induced coma. 

I guess I better change his dressings. It looks like they plan on waking him up later today.

I grabbed my supplies and headed for his room.

The guy was wrapped with gauze around his face and head. Several of his parts were wrapped.

His charts say he had second and third degree burns.

I gently started unwrapping his arms and applied some cream and started rewrapping with new gauze.

My beeper went off letting me. Know I'm needed at the or. They just brought a patient and are in desperate needing more help.

I jogged down the hall to the room where several bodies were circling somebody on a gurny.

"I need antistetic stat. Henry grab that scalpel. Josie get me some blood bags.  We need to hurry he looks like he will go into cardiac arrest any minute. Someone get an iv going. "

I seen my supervisor making her way towards me she was an old lady at the club. "Rosalina , I need you to go wait in my office.  Ok?"

"Ok sure." I shrugged my shoulders and made my way to her office. 

I sat down in one of her leather chairs. And waited patiently. 

She came in with an unreadable face.

"So rosalina , I want you to take a break from working. You see some things have happened here and we cannot afford to pay you anymore.  I have talked to blade and he agrees. He said the club will pay you for being a nurse for them and help them take care of injuries with doc. "

"Ok thank you. I really ...."

The door flew open "Mrs. Jackson he is awake." The nurse looked at me then back to my supervisor. "And he is asking for Lina. "

My heart dropped . Nobody called me that except Red.

I stood up and bolted out of the room. They had to be talking about John doe.

My heart was thumping out of my chest and I kept pushing people out of the way and kept running.

I reached the door to open it when my supervisor stopped me. "Rose i need you in the OR. It's important. "

I  gave her a look of disbelief she was going to stop me from seeing Red my Red.

She grabbed my hand and drug me away down towards the OR.