Chapter 17

We walked into the OR to find EveryonE has gone and the only person left was the guy in the gurny.

As I got closer I got the shock of my life.

Dad my dad , tank was lying there.  He was alive. I fell to my knees and brought my hands to my face.  I couldn't believe it. My dad is alive.  

I finally got up and headed to his side. He looked tired and pale.

"Sweetheart, is that you?"

"Yes dad it's me. " I said through the tears.

"Sweetheart listen. Red saved me,  he got me out and well there was an explosion. He pushed me out a window and I watched the building blow up. It was a self destruct button they pushed and only one of us could make it out alive."

He stopped to catch his breathe a little.  " Red saved my life he told me to tell you if I made it that he loved you.  He was so scared of losing you and you were his world. "

I just started bawling my eyes out.  I miss him so much.

I felt dad wipe my hair out of my face. "Sweetheart you were his everything. He regreted not claiming you that day . He blames himself for you getting shot."

That just made me cry even more.

We sat there talking about how when he made it out of the window he started walking trying to find anyone driving by.

With the heat he was shocked he lasted as long as he did. Other than dehydration and a cut on his arm he wasn't really hurt.

We stayed talking for quite a while. I told him how I would be nurse specifically for the club.  He was generally happy because he would see me more.