Part 7

I walk into the house, Jesse's hand clutching to mine. I put Liv's gift on the table. I have got her a short break to Italy for her and Joel. Joel is aware and has managed to sort out time off work so they can fly out on Monday. I also got her some bits to take away with her. Jesse also got Liv a small present and he places it next to mine.

Liv's mum emerges from the kitchen. I haven't seen her in a while, now that Liv lives alone I don't get to see her much.

"Katie, darling, don't you look beautiful!" She says pulling me into a big hug. She looks at Jesse.

"And who is this gorgeous young gentleman? Liv never told me you had a boyfriend!"

"I'm Jesse. Nice to meet you" He says politely. She also pulls him into a big hug.

"Call me Janet darling. I'll be pulling you for a dance later! Oh isn't he gorgeous." Janet exclaims as she walks back into the kitchen.

"You just told her you're my boyfriend!" I say to him laughing.

"Got to be ambitious in this world though, right?"

"Yh I guess, but since you're not a plumber you can't be too ambitious."I say giggling.

"Oh right, we'll see."

We help finish the playlist and guests start arriving. My nerves kick in for my performance.

The door swings open and Elsie walts in with her husband Dylan. She looks gorgeous.

"Hi El" I say giving her a hug and then  welcoming Dylan. He's always working so I don't really know him very well.

"Where is he?" El asks straight away, wanting to find Jesse.

"He's with Joel. Want to meet him?"

She nods. Her and Dylan follow me as I approach them.

"Hi gorgeous." Jesse says as he sees me approaching. He pulls me into a cuddle and his arm stays around my waist.

"Hi, I wanted to introduce to my other bestfriend, Elsie. And this is her husband Dylan."

"Hi guys, nice to meet you." He says pulling El into a hug.

"You're dating Jesse Lingard?" Dylan asks, shocked.

"I told you he played football" Elsie says.

"Yeah you didn't mention what level. Man, I'm a big fan." Dylan says, shaking his hand.

"Thanks mate, appreciate it." Jesse says smiling.

"Right, we need to go find Liv."

"She's in the kitchen"I reply.

Joel, Dylan and Elsie leave. Me and Jesse are alone again.

"So how are you introducing me tonight then? Your friend that you like to kiss?" Jesse asks, placing his hands snugly around my waist.

"I've been saying, that's Jesse, he follows me around. I can't seem to lose him."

Jesse laughs, "Well, that's not the vibes you were giving me earlier was it" he says taking a step forward so our faces where just inches apart.

"Hmm I don't know what you're on about."

"Let me spark your memory then." His lips met mine, his grip around my waist tightened. He pulls back, and I continue to linger my lips there, hoping he'll go for seconds. He chuckles and smiles smugly, "See."

We continue chatting about how his training went earlier and what training for the world cup entails, well until we were interrupted.

"Hi Katie, I don't think you've introduced me to your new friend."