Part 43

KatieXmusic So proud of you babe, and I know no matter what happens today you're going to make the whole country proud

KatieXmusic So proud of you babe, and I know no matter what happens today you're going to make the whole country proud. Good luck gorgeous, I love you❤
-
Comments disabled.
-

I feel my heart sink as Croatia manage to kick the ball into the back of the net, giving them a lead. I knew how much the boys wanted to make the final, they were so close, and they wanted this so badly. I feel sick to my stomach watching the last few minutes of the game. I couldn't look away, and I was dreading the match ending - Jesse is going to be so devastated. 

The final whistle blows and the crowd around me deflates. No one was cheering, laughing or smiling, their was no morale. Swarms of bodies just leave the stadium quietly, heart broken. It was a complete different atmosphere to when the game started, when Trippier got his goal so early in the game. I slowly rise from my seat, anticipating what I was about to witness in the changing rooms. 

I walk slowly past all of the England fans and use my pass to gain entry to where the players were. I see Jesse straight away, his cheeky smile was nowhere to be seen, and as he enters the tunnel and see's me, he crumbles. He tucks his head into my neck and I feel his tears hit my skin. 

"We were so close." He sobs, "I really thought we could do it."

I stroke his back, "You did so well, I am really proud of you Jesse"

He looks up at me, and wipes the tears away from his face. I smile at him, and he returns a small smile. 

"I promise Jesse." I smile, "Everyone is so proud of you and the boys, you've done amazing."

He nods slowly. 

"Go and get changed with the boys, and then we can go and find something to do and cheer you up." I say, "I'll wait out here." 

"Okay babe." He says and plants a wet kiss on his lips, "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile. 

Jesse walks away slowly, obviously only putting on a brave face for me. I knew he was absolutely heart broken, and I'm going to have to find a way to cheer him, and the other boys, up. 

I wait outside of the changing rooms for around 15 minutes before Marcus and Jesse emerges together, although Marcus didn't play you could tell how gutted he was too. 

"Alright boys?" I smile softly. 

"Yeah, just want to get back to the hotel." Marcus replies.

"Me too." Jesse agrees. 

"How about we have another movie night?" I ask, "We can have it in mine and Jesse's room?"

Jesse shrugs, "If you want too." 

I've never seen Jesse like this before - not about something I can't make better. 

"Yeah." I smile, "It'll be fun." 

I text into the group chat from Jesse's phone inviting everyone to the movie night, but like most of the time most boys don't want to come and have family over. Dele, Trent, Eric and Kyle agree to come. We wait for all the boys to be ready then get onto the coach to return to the hotel. Usually the coach is full of laughter and banter, but it was quiet, no one wanting to speak. 

I sit beside Jesse and play with his hand in my lap whilst he stares out of the window, quietly. I lean my head onto his shoulder, and he leans his head on top of mine. I wrap my arms around his arm, cuddling his side. I didn't want him to feel disappointed after he and the other lads have done so well. 

The coach pulls up outside the hotel and the boys all file out. Jesse takes my hand as we climb out the coach and walk into the reception. We walk up to our hotel room so that Jesse could get changed and freshen up properly before the others arrive. 

"I hate fucking losing." Jesse says as he picks out some tracksuit bottoms. 

"Yeah babe, I know" I smile, wrapping my arms around him. He pulls me into a hug, my head against his bare chest, "But, you have done so well that you shouldn't even see it as a loss." 

"Yeah, I guess" He says with a small smile. 

"Come on, get dressed and then we can have a cuddle before the boys come."

"A cuddle?" He says, his face suddenly lighting up, "You sure you want just a cuddle?"

"The boys will be here soon." I laugh, "So, yes just a cuddle."

"It was worth a shot though wasn't it?" Jesse chuckles, his cheerful self starting to reappear. 

I give him a big kiss and then begin getting snacks ready for the film marathon whilst he gets dressed. We cuddle for a little bit before Trent and Marcus turns up. They sit on the sofa and play on their phones whilst we wait for Dele and Kyle, who show up late. Once all the boys have arrived we choose a comedy to bring the spirits up. I cuddle with Jesse on the floor, in front of the TV. Jesse sits with his back against the sofa, and I sit on his lap with my legs draped over him. I rest my head on his shoulder as I watch the show. I feel his chest move as he chuckles at a joke in the film, I watch his face as he falls into a fit of laughter, I cant help but smile as I look at him. 

-
2 more chapters left♡.