Part 9

I wake up and notice I was alone in bed. I smile, thinking about yesterday. It's been so long since I've allowed myself to try and get to know someone, I just don't want to hurt the way Josh hurt me, ever again.

I hear the shower going from his en suite bathroom, and I hear the sound of him singing.

I check my phone. My Instagram has a load of notifications. I open up the app, '@/ Jesselingard has tagged you in a photo.'

He has posted the picture from last night with the caption, 'Lucky❤'. I smile and scroll down the comment section.

'Your girl is PENG'
'Another heart to break? Scumbag.'
'Ship It'
'My fave youtuber and fave footballer. So happy!'
'Won't last 5 minutes'
'Way to go. One more distraction for the world cup!'

"Good morning" Jesse says walking in, he was dripping wet and had a towel around his waist. Fuck.

"Morning." I say, trying hard to keep eye contact without looking at his toned body.

"Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up, I did an hour in the gym."

"Oh, Sorry gymlad." I say laughing.

"Yeah well you're not complaining are you?" He says smirking.

"I have no idea what you are on about." I say blushing embarrassed.

Jesse chuckles.

"I'm gonna go get dressed in the bathroom so I don't over excite you. After that do you want me to drop you home,you get ready and then we'll go shopping?"

"Sounds like a plan, but I need to film today at some point."

"Okay. What you filming?"

"Not sure. Either a cover or a Q&A"

"You should do a cover. I love it when sing. You were amazing last night."

"Thank you."

Jesse gives me a short kiss and then leaves the room. My phone starts to ring. It was my mum.

"Hi mum." I say down the phone.

"Hi. Katie I've got a few things I need to ask you. Are you okay to speak or are you in a meeting?"

"No I'm fine to talk"

.

"Firstly, are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Why?"

"Will you be able to check in on Sam? Me and your dad will be out most of the evening and you know he can get anxious when he's left alone for too long."

Jesse walks back in, I mouth "mum" and he nods and sits down next to me.

"Yeah that's fine."

"Thank you and also Sam showed me a picture earlier...who is He and why is he lucky?"

I laugh, "he's called Jesse. Show dad he'll know him." Jesse looks up from his phone, and smiles.

"Yes I can read that. Is he your boyfriend?"

"No we've been on a couple of dates. I'm with him right now actually."

"Oooh, do you like him? This is exciting. JACK, KATIE'S DATING SOMEONE. YOU OWE ME A FIVER"

Jesse laughs,obviously overhearing the conversation.

"Mum I'm going now. You're embarrassing."

"Use protection!" She shouts then laughs hysterically and hangs up.

"You're family seem like a right laugh." He says.

"Yeah I'm really lucky. Are you close to your family?" I ask him.

"My mum is my best friend." He says.

"That's really cute."

"You're really cute." He says, kissing my cheek, "right princess, your carriage awaits"

I giggle and take his hand, I follow him to his car. I look over at him. My little goofball.

We arrive at my flat. I give Jesse the remote control and go and get in the shower. I sing along to the radio as I wash my hair. I get out the shower and choose an outfit. I decide to go for a play suit. I brush out my wet hair and plait it. I open the door and I hear Jesse talking on the phone.

"Yeah mum, shes amazing, you'll love her...no I won't mum, I promised you before id never hurt a girl again...yes...I really think we can last, I haven't been this happy in a long time...okay, I'll try and bring her round one day...okay bye love you''

I smile to myself. Jesse looks round.

"Oh Katie, how long have you been standing there?" He asks, scratching the back of his neck.

"Not long but long enough." I say smiling.

"Long enough for What?" He asks.

I walk over to him and sit on his lap, my back against the sofa's arm and my legs draping over his lip, I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Long enough to realise that for once in my life everything is as good as it can be. Like I've finally met someone who I can actually see a future with, I'm gonna be an auntie, my dream is getting closer everyday. I'm finally waking up happy. So thanks for helping me realise that.''

"The feeling is mutual. I haven't been so excited to tell my mum about a girl ever. Since that date, all I can think about is you, which is kind of a big deal because im literally living  my whole life goal and playing in the world cup and yet it's you on my brain."

I take Jesse's hand and fiddle with his fingers, "it's so weird to think we literally met a week ago."

"Well, I don't care if people think we have rushed into things. I'm happy and so are you."

"Yes I am. I really am"

His hand cups my cheek and he guides my face close to his, "You're so beautiful" he whispers before gently placing his lips on mine. Our lips move in sync for a few minutes before I pull back.

Happy. Happy. Happy.