Part 36

"Good luck baby." I smile at Jesse, "You're going to do great."

He pulls me into a hug and plants a short kiss on my lips, "Thanks babe, I really hope so."

I hug him tightly, and then pull away, I look him in his eyes, "You've got this Okay, baby?"

He nods and smiles, "Yeah I just feel nervous...if we get into the quarter finals that is major."

"Well guess what Jesse." I smile, "I believe you can do it."

"Come on boys, we need to get to the changing rooms!" Southgate shouts.

Jesse looks down, his legs shaking from nerves, he was fidgeting with his fingers. I pull him into one last hug.

"I love you." I say, "You got this."

"I love you too." He mumbles into my ear and the pulls away from the hug. I watch him as he begins to walk down the hallway, he was alot quieter than he usually was and barely slept last night.

Getting through to the quarter finals meant everything to Jesse, I just really hope today goes well - I know how much Jesse would beat himself up if they lose today.

I make my way to my seat, the stadium already full. I sit anxiously in my seat, waiting for the game to start.

"I can't believe im sat next to Lingards girlfriend." The boy next to me smiles, "Do you go to all of his matches?"

"I've been to every match he's played in Russia." I smile, "I like watching him play."

The man beside me nods and then turns his attention to the pitch as the players begin to get introduced. My anxiety levels rise as the England players begin to walk on to the pitch, Jesse had a smile on his face but I could see straight through it.

The game begins and I watch nervously. Everytime Colombia had the ball I felt sick, and whenever England was in possession I was on the edge of my seat. The first half finishes and it both teams were yet to score. The boys walk off into the tunnel deflated.

The atmosphere in the stadium was different today, there was tension.  Neither sides of the crowd were impressed with how the game was going. I tried to keep positive, I knew the boys could make it through to the next stage.

I scroll through my Instagram whilst I wait for the game to resume.

The crowd cheers as the players return, trying to keep the spirits positive. I make eye contact with Jesse, he gives me a small smile and I blow him a kiss, his smile widens slightly.

The game restarts and the players were trying really hard and putting everything into game. The ref was giving out yellow cards right, left and centre and the crowd was getting agitated. I could tell that Jesse was losing his temper.

Harry Kane finally scores a goal and the atmosphere turns around. The crowd surrounding me and gets up and starts to scream. We finally had some hope for a win. I watch the boys as the huddle around Kane on the pitch, a smile playing on my lips.

The ball goes into play for a little while longer and the ref starts getting authoritative giving two yellow cards to the Columbian team. I watch as the tension rises between the players and the ref tries to settle it so no fights occur. Jesse goes after the ball but ends up dragging a Colombian player to the ground and gets himself a yellow card. I could see in his face how pissed off he was, but he didn't fight it and just carried on. I feel my heart sink, I know he's going to be beating himself up about it.

The game goes into extra time and Colombia scores, meaning that it goes to penalties. Jesse wasn't shooting but I was still on the edge of my seat, I felt sick to my stomach and couldn't look away. I feel tears escape my eyes as Dier hits the ball into the back of the net. I watch as the boys run into a huddle and engulf eachother. THEY'RE THROUGH TO THE QUARTER FINALS.

Jesse runs over to me, a smile across his face, "WE DID IT BABE."

"I Know you did." I smile, "I told you would do it."

He climbs up the barrier and engulfs me in a massive hug, "I love you so much!"

"Please don't fall babe." I laugh, "I love you too!"

He jumps down and then signals me to climb over. I start to climb over and he holds my hands so I don't fall, but my feet don't get a chance to touch the ground as he carries me. I wrap my arms and legs around him.

"Are we going to do this everytime you win?" I giggle.

"You bet." He smiles and connects our lips. Everyone who was sat near we were start clapping.

"You did so well." I smile at him.

"I think you're my good luck charm." He beams, "So I'm sorry but you're going to have to watch every match I play."

"Well if you said that to me a month ago I would probably have told you to fuck off." I laugh, "but now, I couldn't think of anything better."

Jesse smiles and plants a series of kisses on my lips, "I'm absolotely buzzing."

He puts me down and intertwines our hands, we begin to walk back to the rest of the team who was still celebrating.

"IT'S COMING HOME." The boys chant.

As we near the group we are pulled into the huddle. My hand stays tightly in Jesse's. I feel Trent sling his arm over my shoulder, "You're part of the team now Kat." He shouts over the chants.

I smile at him, "Well I'm cool with that, as long as I don't have to play."

Trent and Jesse laugh at my comment and we break away from the huddle.

"So how are we celebrating tonight?" Trent asks, "I've had enough of clubbing now."

Jesse smirks, "Pool party?"