Part 26

I wake up to the sound of Jesse opening the wardrobe. I open my eyes slowly, not quite ready to wake up.

"Morning babe." Jesse smiles, he was rummaging through the wardrobe.

"Morning." I yawn, stretching my arms out, "what time is it?"

"8am, I am going for a morning swim, I just need to clear my mind." He says.

"Clear your mind?" I ask.

"I really don't want to cause a scene with Dele, but the more I think about it the more fucked off I get. I just want to take my mind off of it." Jesse shrugs, "do you want to come?"

I think for a few minutes, can I really be bothered to get out of bed this early.

Jesse looks at me, "come on, you can't stay in bed all on your own. You'll miss me."

"Fine. I'll come."

Jesse smiles, "good."

I get out of bed and find my swimming costume. I take some towels out of the bathroom and put them in my bag. We walk down to the hotel's pool, it was empty.

Jesse runs and cannon balls into the pool, laughing as he hits the surface.

"I kind of envisioned a nice relaxing swim, you know, to clear your mind." I laugh, climbing into the pool.

"Yeah, but who wants to be boring?"

"Me." I say, swimming over to Jesse.

He splashes water at me with a big cheeky smile across his lips, "oops sorry!"

"You're gonna pay for that!" I say splashing him back then lunging towards him. He picks me up over his shoulder and throws me into the water. We wrestle in the water for a few minutes, Jesse definitely taking the win.

"Am i interrupting?" A voice says laughing. It was Marcus. He puts his towel down and gets into the water.

"You're up early bro" Jesse states, "weren't you out till late?"

"Nah mate, Dele was out of his mind, I had to leave early. Why you leave early anyway mate?" Marcus asks.

"Same reason." I laugh.

"Yeah mate, he was trying it on with Katie. Grabbing her and everything." Jesse says.

Marcus shakes his head, "Don't know why people drink if they can't handle it. You and him cool though right?"

Jesse shrugs, "I wanna kick his head in personally"

Marcus laughs, "he probably don't even remember anything. Just chat to him and clear the air. We all know he has a soft spot for Katie."

I laugh, "Yeah we've definitely established that."

"Well I'll chat to him later." Jesse says.

"Bro, Katie loves you, everyone can see that, so you have nothing to worry about." Marcus smiles.

"Thanks Marcus, I've been trying to explain that to him." I smile.

"Right, enough of this soppy shit. I bet I can beat both of you in a race." Marcus declares. He was right.

"You're cheating bro. Not fair." Jesse shouts, "you're a little bit taller so you have less to swim."

"Why are you such a bad loser?" I laugh.

"I'm just not used to losing." He shrugs.

"Or getting your big head through the door?" I say, mocking his ego.