○ THREE ○

○ THREE ○

"C'mon Chris, if you don't hurry up, I'm going to leave your ass here" I replied, as Alana stifled a laugh.

"I'm here, Jesus, chill out little sister" his voice said before his body appeared through the door.

I glanced at my best friend as my brother walked up to us. She was practically drooling. I cleared my throat. Alana gave me an innocent look. "Okay well I'm ready so, let's go" Chris replied, slugging an arm around Alana's shoulders.

She blushed brightly and I rolled my eyes. "Since I don't drink, I will be driving" Chris said, plucking the keys out of my friends hands.

"Hey!" She protested.

Chris gave her a look and headed for the front door. Alana glanced at me dreamily as I shook my head. "So who's playing tonight?" Chris asked as I closed the door to the car and buckled myself in.

"The Kings" Alana piqued up.

"The Kings? What kind of band name is that?" My brother asked scoffing as we drove towards the music café.

"Matthew says they named it after the fact all the band members drew a king out of a deck of cards" Alana continued.

I rolled my eyes and stared out the window, watching the world whirl by. "Matthew? Do you talk to him?" Chris asked Alana.

"Everyone talks to him well except this one over here but he's the lead singer so he's quite popular at school" she replied, chatting back and forth.

I tuned it out. "You never told me that Matthew was a lead singer" Chris said, trying to bring my attention back into the car.

"They weren't that popular before Matthew's parents died, now everyone knows about them" I replied, reaching for the heater.

I also turned the music up, drowning out the flirty conversation between my brother and my best friend. Chris pulled into the Cafés parking lot. Students from our school were already filling up the parking lot and I saw Alana sit up in the corner of my eye.
"Wow, it's really packed tonight" she said as Chris opened his door.

I took a deep breath and climbed out of the car, hearing it slam shut behind me. We joined the group, trying to get into the cafe and if it weren't for the fact that Chris had spotted an old friend, I don't think we would have made it in.

"I'll get us some drinks, find a place to sit" Chris yelled over the talking.

Alana nodded and grabbed my hand, pulling me through the crowd. I brushed against at least fifty other people and I couldn't apologise because Alana was leading me away.

I spotted Courtney and her group of friends sitting right at the front of the stage, talking animatedly.
I looked away and slid into the seat Alana supplied me with.

"At least we can see the stage" she whispered close to my ear.

I wanted to roll my eyes. I wasn't here to listen Matthew's band. I couldn't care less. I heard clapping and looked up from my folded hands to see Matthew, Cole, Harry and Wes walk across the stage to their instruments and in Matthew's case, microphone.

"How's everybody doing tonight?" Matthew asked, glancing about the crowd.

He got a huge cheer back and I winced. "Looks like a great turnout, I just want to thank you all for coming and supporting the band, we really do appreciate it!" He exclaimed, glancing down at Courtney and giving her a wink.

She giggled. I scowled.
"The first song is called from nowhere to somewhere" he said just as Wes strummed his guitar. 

More cheers and I looked around, looking for Chris. He had two bottles of Smirnoff's in his hand and what looked like Coke in the other. He struggled through the crowd that started dancing to The King's song.

Finally, Chris made it to our table. "It's good to be home" he said, clinking our glasses together.

Alana blushed. "It's good to have you back" she said before taking a sip of her drink.

I let my hand stay on my bottle, enjoying the condensation against my skin. I couldn't help it but watch Matthew practically sing to Courtney.
"They're not bad" Chris yelled over the sound of the instruments.

Alana nodded. "They practice almost everyday at school, we can always hear them but actually watching it all, they're amazing" she replied.

I bit my lip, watching Matthew kneel to touch Courtney's face as he sang. Cheers erupted from the crowd. Slower than I would have liked, the song finished and everyone put their drinks down to clap.

I took that moment to take a sip. The alcohol burned my tongue. "Alright ladies and gents! Now for our next song, this song is really special to me, it's written for someone who means quite a lot to me" he said to the crowd.

Courtney's grin widened. Chris raised his glass and whooped, drawing Matthew's eyes over to us. "This song is called I wanna love somebody like you" he said, our eyes still connected.

"What if I told ya? I can't take my eyes off you"
I tore my eyes away from Matthew's to look down at my bottle, swirling my thumb around the lip of the glass.

"I wanna know ya. I wonder if you're feeling it too. You're throwing glances, from the other side of the room." He continued to sing.

I looked up, seeing him sing back to Courtney. My grip tightened. He straightened and walked slightly away from Courtney, his eyes searching the crowd before landing on mine again.

I wanted to look away, but like everyone else in the room. I was fixed.
"So what if I told ya, I wanna love somebody like you" he sang slowly before diving into the chorus.

"Wow, it's like he's singing that right to you" Alana whispered.

I broke out of my thoughts and shook my head. "I doubt that, there's probably a hot chick behind me" I replied. 

"There's a wall behind us" Alana replied.

I ignored the looks from Matthew throughout the whole song and just downed my bottle of vodka and lemon. "Hey, I'm going to go pee" I said, sliding off my stool.

Alana nodded and threw her jacket on my stool as I dodged through the crowd. The song finished just as I broke away from the crowd and started down the hallway. Unfortunately, it was also the hallway the musicians used. Wes strolled by, his pick in his hand before followed by Cole and Harry who was drumming in the air.

They all smiled at me and I smiled back before walking forwards after they'd walked past. I connected with a wall and fell back, cursing. "We really do have to stop meeting like this" Matt's voice said, amused.

I scowled up at him. "Thank you for finding my clumsiness hilarious" I replied.

His mouth quirked up. "So what did you think? Good song right?" He asked, crossing his arms.

I looked away from his beautiful face to stare at a spot on the wall. "Why does my opinion matter? I'm sure Courtney would give you enough praise and attentiom" I replied, sounding every bit jealous that I was.

His grin widened.

"It was good to see you Shelby, at least this time we had a conversation" he replied before pushing past me.

He narrowly avoided me but I turned my head to watch him go before swearing and continuing to the Ladies  bathroom.

A/N

Ah good ole Matthew. Being the adorably sarcastic that he is.
Dreamy... hmmm.

Oh sorry, didn't see you there.
What did you think?

I kinda love the love hate relationship between them!

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Love, T xoxo