○ NINETEEN ○

○ NINETEEN ○
Matthew's POV

I tipped my blue plastic cup to the side, watching the contents slosh around. Turning on my phone, I sighed when I saw no messages. Here I was at a god damn school party while Shelby laid in hospital, bored out of her mind.

"Matty" a sickly sweet voice said.

I inwardly shuddered and turned my head to see Courtney trot towards me. "Are you going to ask me to dance?" She asked, flashing me a white grin.

"No" I replied, coldly.

Her face dropped. "But the other day.." she trailed off.

"Was a mistake, a miscalculation on my part and I am sorry for making you think we were a thing again" I said, as I stepped away.

She followed me. "Matthew, you know I am so much better than her, I don't understand why you like her so much!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes as I dodged the crowd. "I like her so much cause she's real, she's honest and one of the only people I care about.. I don't care about what you think of me but I care about what she thinks of me" I replied coming to a standstill and turning to face Courtney.

"She's just some basic bitch" Courtney replied.

I looked down before looking up, all emotions wiping off my face. "She is more than you will ever be" I replied.

I held out my hand and gave her my cup. "Excuse me, I think I need to go see my basic bitch friend" I added before turning around and pushing through the crowd.

Still, she followed me. "You know I can give you whatever you wanted, she won't!" She exclaimed.

I sighed as I kept walking away. "This is just getting sad now" I called out over my shoulder.

She stopped and I walked away. I passed Wes who was making out with a random blonde and jumped over the railing of the stairs and landed on the grass. Straightening my leather jacket, I stood up and walked towards my car. With a press of the button on my keys, my car unlocked and I climbed in.

Buckled in, I reversed out of the driveway and onto the street. I threw the car into a first gear and started towards the hospital. My fingers tapped on my steering wheel as I changed lanes. Going way over the speed limit I made it to the hospital and parked. I climbed out and started for the doors, locking my car behind me.

Nurses looked up as I passed the front desk and shot them a smile. One blushed. Running a hand through my black hair, I walked towards Shelby's room.

I paused in front of it before opening the door. Shelby looked up from her bed, a small smile crossing her face. I smiled back and walked in. "What are you doing here?" Shelby asked.

I sat on the chair next to her bed, watching her hair fall in her face. "I decided I'd rather spend my night with you" I replied, relaxing.

Shelby wrinkled her nose. "Do I smell alchohol?" She asked, leaning closer towards me..

I raised my hands up in mock surrender. "You got me, I went to a party and it was boring" I replied, smirking.

"Really Matthew Kane bored at a party? I find that hard to believe" she replied sarcastically.

"Well you see, I looked around the room and realised the only person I like was laying in hospital so I left" I replied, shrugging my jacket off.

I felt her eyes on me before she looked away blushing. My smirk widened. "You should be out and enjoying life, I'm fine" she said, gesturing to the book in her hand.