○ THIRTY- FIVE ○

○ THIRTY- FIVE ○

I couldn't help the snort that came from me as Wes pushed Conner into the school lockers. Harry rolled his eyes before sliding an arm around my shoulders. "Where's Matty boy?" He asked, as we watched Conner and Wes play fight.

I frowned. "I don't actually know, I haven't seen him since this morning, I thought he would be with you guys" I said, glancing at Harry.

"Hey, Matthew is in the music room" Courtney's voice said as she sidled up next to me.

"Oh thanks" I replied as she gave me a smile and walked away.

Harry watched her leave. "She's actually trying to be a good woman, I hope she goes through with it" he replied.

"Me too, c'mon let's go see what Matthew is up to" I replied, patting his hand.

He took his arm back and managed to stop the play fight between his boyfriend and Wes. "Oi idiots, we're gonna go surprise Matt, c'mon" he said, tugging Conner's hand.

The four of us walked towards the music room, laughing as Conner purposely tripped Wes over. As we neared the studio, we heard soft piano and a beautiful melodic voice. I scrunched my eyebrows together and pushed forward, opening the door just the slightest.

Matthew sat at the piano, his fingers gliding over the keys as he sang loudly to the empty room. The boys opened the door wider as he sang, his eyes closed. A smile lit up my face as the tune of Lana Del Rey filtered back to me.

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me when I got nothing but my aching soul, I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will, will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" He sang, as he poured his heart into it.

"Wow" Conner gasped quietly.

"I've seen the world, lit it up, as my stage now, channeling angels in a new age now, hot summer days, rock and roll, the way I play for you at my show, and all the ways, I got to know, your pretty face and electric soul" he continued.

Harry placed a hand on my shoulder and pushed me in slightly.  I fell through the door but Conner quickly grabbed the dorr to stop it swinging open and revealing all of them. Luckily, Matt hadn't seen the commotion.

I took the chance to lean against the wall and just watch him play and sing.

"Will you still love me, when I'm no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me, when I've got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will, will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?" He sang louder, his heart in it now.

Dear lord, when I get to heaven, please let me bring my woman, when she comes tell me that you'll let her in, father tell me if you can, all that grace, all that body, all that face, makes me wanna party, she's my sun, she makes me shine like diamonds" he sang as he reached the high note.

I always knew Matthew was a good singer, a great singer but I didn't realise how good he was until I was hearing the raw vulnerable sound in front of me.
Matt's head whipped around to see me and I realised I must have made a noise.

He cut off playing immediately and he seemed automatically shy. "Hey, what are you doing here?" He asked, watching me curiously.

"Sorry, we were all looking for you but I got distracted" I replied as I moved towards him.

He let me sit on the piano seat and I touched the keys gently. "Finish the song" I said softly.

Matthew shook his head. "Nah, I sounded stupid anyway" he said, going to close the lid.

I stopped him. "If you play, I'll sing too" I replied, giving him a small smile.

He studied me for a moment before agreeing
Again, he began to play.

"Will you still love me, when I'm no longer young and beautiful? Will you still love me, when I've got nothing but my aching soul?
I know you will, I know you will, I know that you will, will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?" We sang together, our eyes connected.

A grin crossed Matthew's face as a smile crossed mine. "Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful?" I sang solo.

"Will you still love me when I'm not young and beautiful?" He finished.

His fingers left the keys and cupped my chin, bringing my lips to meet his. An incredible sense of calmness washed over me and I kissed back, moving closer to him. He pulled away slowly and almost reluctantly as he gazed into my eyes. "I love you so much" he whispered as his fingers ghosted across my cheek.

I raised my hand to cup his, entwining our fingers. "I love you too" I replied.

The corner of his mouth quirked up into a crooked smile before his thumb brushed over my bottom lip. Our eyes seemed locked on each others. Maybe his thoughts were where mine were, on last night.

I was remembering the feather light touches and the passionate bruising kisses. He was remembering my touch and how soft my skin was. God, in that moment I wanted to reach for him.

His grip tightened just a little, letting me know that he felt the same way. "Will you stay at my house tonight?" He asked softly.

My smile widened. "Do you want me to?" I asked, my voice sounding as though I hadn't caught my breath.

"Tonight and every night" he whispered back, leaning forward.

I tilted my head up as our noses brushed. Still, like before every kiss, my breath caught and suddenly he was kissing me again.

The thought of the band seeing us kissing vanished from my mind as I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers disappearing into the hair at the nape of his neck. Everything felt complete and right.

But a bad feeling washed over me..

A/N

Uh oh.

Can't tell you much, ahaha I might give it away cause I get suckered like that.
But I looooove you all so much!!

What did you think of the chapter?
xx

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxoxoxoxo