○ FOURTY ○

○ FOURTY ○

Feeling fingers in my hair, my eyes slowly opened. My head was resting a top of Matthew's chest, savouring his heartbeat and warmth.

"Good morning" Matt said gently.

Tilting my head to look at him, he looked slightly confused and worried. "What's wrong?" I asked, immediately.

He sighed deeply. "I'm just worried you'll realise that I'm me and you'll leave again" he replied.

Knowing what he meant, I curled up against his body. "I'm not going anywhere" I replied softly.

I really just wanted to savour this moment, the peace and love between us. I felt his fingers trail down my exposed arm, giving me goosebumps that tingled. My mouth curled up into a smile as he drew light circles. "What made you change your mind?" He asked, drawing my attention back to his face.

His eyes were on his hand but lifted to meet mine. Dark meeting light. I lifted my hand and pressed it to his cheek as he relaxed against my touch. "Something just clicked, I really did want to hate you for hurting me again but I realised how stupid and childish I sounded-" I trailed off.

Matthew shook his head. "You had every right to be mad at me, I just wanted you to know that I loved you and that I wanted you back"

His hand cupped mine before bringing it down slowly to his lips. He pressed them gently to my skin. "Promise me, you won't leave again" I whispered.

His eyes opened wider. "I promise" he replied, softly.

Quick as a brown fox, he turned us over so he was hovering above me. I giggled as he brushed hair out of my eyes, letting it spill over the pillow. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, Shelby McGraw" he said firmly.

I grinned lightly. "You are the most cheesiest person I know, Matthew Kane" I replied.

He rolled his eyes before leaning down and capturing my mouth gently. I tilted my chin up slightly to deepen the kiss and almost immediately I felt Matthew slip his tongue past my lips.

My hands reached up and gripped his forearms tightly. The kiss lasted for a few mores beats of my heart before he pulled away. "I love you" he said, his eyes focusing on mine.

I studied his expression. "I love you too" I replied, meaning it.

I had been hurt by him, but I knew in my heart and in my mind I was going to be his and he was going to be mine. The moment I had run into him outside the coffee shop, the time he sang to me at the Cafe.

Our childhood hadn't lied to us, the book we had written where Princess Shelby and Knight Matthew live happily ever after. Watching the love and adoration cross his face only reconfirmed that I was making the right choice. Matthew's black hair fell in his eyes as he leaned down again.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked, also studying my face.

"Just how we should cherish moments like this" I replied, smiling.

He leaned down again and this time I met him halfway.

|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|<|>|

Harry looked up as I padded into the kitchen. "Where were you all night?" He asked, a knowing smirk on his face.

I shot him a playful glare. Wes chose that time to come down the stairs, yawning. "What's for breakfast?" He asked, brushing a hand through his hair.

"Whatever you cook, Shelby here was just telling me how her night was" Harry said, smirking.

"Okay okay, enough" I said glaring at him ahain as I pulled Orange Juice from the fridge.

Conner had joined us in the kitchen. "Yeah where were you?" He asked, taking the carton from my hands.

"I was at Matthew's house" I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I was at Matthew's house, you jerks" I replied, glaring.

Wes grinned. "So you guys back together or what?" He asked, plopping a bowl on the bench.

I opened my mouth to reply but a knock sounded at the door. "Keep quiet" I said.as I walked over to the front door.

The boys turned around in their seats to watch me. Pulling open the door, Matthew stood on the other side with food in his hands. "Hey" I said, resting my cheek on the door.

He smiled as I opened the door wider. "I brought  croissants" he said, holding up the bag.

"Come in" I said, moving to the side.

Matthew stepped over the threshold and grinned at the boys who were still watching. "Hey guys" he said, moving to the bench.

He placed the bag down and almost immediately, Wes was opening it. "You are totally forgiven" he said, glancing at his friend.

Matthew frowned but wiped it away as I walked over and stood next to him. "So Matthew, how was your night?" Harry asked, smirking again.

I kicked his chair and his smirk only widened. "Was good, why?" Matthew asked, distractedly.

Harry sighed. "For gods sake! Are you back together? Did you guys do it? Give me something!" He exclaimed.

Matthew looked at his friend shocked while I burst out laughing. Conner rubbed his boyfriend's arm, lovingly. Glancing at Matt, I sobered up. "Harry, what Matthew did last night is really not our business" I said, struggling to keep a straight face.

Harry narrowed his eyes as Wes munched happily on his croissant. I looked at Matthew before giving him a small nod, letting him know it was okay to tell them. "Well actually last night, was good, great even" Matthew started to say.

I swear Harry's ears pricked forward. "And?" He asked excitedly.

"I talked with a girl I knew, that was good and fine and then well I woke up.." he trailed off.

I was loving this, watching the frustrations on Harry's face. Even Conner was laughing. "Than when she woke up, we talked some more and then she came here.." Matthew ended.

Harry growled. "Was this girl Shelby by any chance?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I did say she came here, I believe there is only one woman in this room" Matthew replied as his arm slunk around my waist.

"About fucking time you smart ass!" Harry yelled.

I grinned as Conner, Wes and Harry congratulated us. Feeling Matthew tighten his grip on my waist, I knew he wasn't going to let me go this time.

He was a broken boy, but I was the glue that held him together.

A/N

FINAL CHAPTER!
WHAT DID YOU THINK?

Lots of love to all my readers, voters and commentors!
#8 in Teen!

Thank you so much for reading about Matthew and Shelby!

Lots and lots of love,
Tavana xoxoxox