○ TWENTY- TWO ○

○ TWENTY- TWO ○

I laughed as Connor threw his hamburger wrapper at Wes, resulting with a fry food fight. I was laughing until a fry hit me in the face, than I gasped.

"Stop fighting with food, I didn't waste money on you assholes just so you can throw fries at each other" Matthew said, picking up a fry and throwing it Connor.

Connor gave Matthew a grumpy look and I grinned as I took the fry that had landed just under my eyes off my face. "Now it looks like my eye is bleeding" I said laughing as Harry took a photo.

"Here, use my napkin" Matthew said handing it over to me.

Wes and Harry grinned while looking at each other. "Thanks" I replied, taking it and dabbing at the sauce that was left on my face.

"How come you don't share your napkins with us?" Harry asked teasingly.

Matthew shot him a look as he took a sip of his coke. "Why is it that a beautiful woman comes into your life and suddenly you don't care about us.. you won't even share your napkin" Wes chipped in.

I coughed to hide my snigger. "Maybe it's because you aren't beautiful women, besides Shelby will be the only one I ever share a napkin with here because I uh I don't know.. she's my girlfriend" Matthew bit back, before throwing another fry at Wes and one at Harry.

The band's eyes widened and glanced at me. My heart had seemed to stop. "Girlfriend?" Connor pointed out, leaning forward and suddenly interested in the conversation.

Matt glanced at me and looked away. "Girl that's a friend" he covered quickly.

I stared at him and I felt Harry nudged my leg. I glanced at him and he cocked his head slightly. A smile slowly crept onto my face. "Yeah but don't worry Matt, these boys don't know the meaning of the word because they've never had one" I said quickly, turning the awkward silence into a roar of laughter.

Matt shot me a grateful look as Wes laughed loudly. "And the student becomes the teacher, we have taught you well, young padawan" Harry said as he bumped knuckles with Wes.

I rolled my eyes and stuck the straw of my drink into my mouth. Connor looked up from his phone. "Hey guys, we're trending on Youtube" he said turning his phone around to see the video of tonight's set.

"Cool! Who posted it?" Harry asked, squinting his eyes.

"Courtney, it says in the description that she wants to get us signed, she really will go to great lengths just to get back in Matthew's pants" Conner replied laughing.

I looked down at my lap, suddenly feeling weird.  "Ow, what the fuck dude" Conner cried out after Harry hit him in the arm.

I cleared my throat. "I should go, my mum is probably expecting my text" I said hastily standing up.

"Oh no! Don't go!" Wes and Harry said in unison.

"Yeah we only just got here" Matt said, frowning.

"Yeah I know but you know what my mum is like" I said, hoping they couldn't hear the lump in my throat.

Matt sat up straighter. "Okay well text me when you get home?" He asked still frowning.

"Yeah of course" I promised as I slipped my bag strap onto my shoulder.

I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to my mother. She replied quickly. "Okay, well see you at school" I said as I turned away and started to walk.

"You are such a fucking jerk, Connor" I heard Wes say before I opened up the door to the cafe and walked outside.

The cool air bit against my skin and I pulled my jacket closer. Headlights swung across the parking lot as my mother pulled up in front of me.