○ THIRTY- EIGHT ○

Matthew's POV
○ THIRTY- EIGHT ○

"So what are we doing here?" Orlando asked as we climbed out of my car.

Closing the door with a thud, I turned to the Cafe. "I got a text from Connor telling me to come see them perfirm, so here I am" I replied.

Orlando nodded as we walked towards the front doors. I heard her voice before I saw her. The Cafe was full and we had to push our way through the crowd.

"Cause I'm a lost river that will never reach the sea, when you're not here with me, when your gone!" She sang.

"Whoa!" Orlando said.

I glanced at him and he was gazing at her in wonder. A flash of jealousy ran through me. "Yeah, she's amazing" I murmered.

We found a seat and sat down. "Sick to my bones, I don't feel natural, without you I'm not whole" She sang.

"I'm going to get us a drink, want one?" Orlando asked, tearing his eyes from my ex girlfriend.

I nodded, not able to look away. "So I'm leaving my light on, in hopes that you will find your way and make it safely home and in the eye of the storm, our love will be the only thing that keeps us holding on" She continued.

A bottle of beer slapped down in front of me just as the crowd started to clap and Shelby stepped back from the mic. The band stepped off and Conner spotted me through the crowd.

Watching them, he told them to go with him but Shelby saw me and shook her head. I sighed and lifted the beer to my lips. Conner, Wes and Harry strode over to us. "Hey Matt!" The boys exclaimed.

I stood up to hug them all, spotting Shelby by the bar as she smiled at the bartender. "Hey guys, this is my cousin Orlando" I said, introducing them.

"Nice to meet you bro, so what are you doing back?" Conner asked, brushing his sweaty fringe out of his eyes.

"Moving back, Orlando is going to live with me.. doing business online now" I replied, sitting back down.

"Oh yeah? Congrats dude, we live with Shells, it's actually kinda fun, she bakes us chocolate cookies at midnight" Wes said, looking over his shoulder at his roommate.

Conner nodded. "Yeah she wanted to stay here so we all told her we'd help out" he said, studying me.

"How was the few months in the big city?" Harry asked.

"Busy, didn't really get to see much, just to and from my uncle's work" I replied pausing to take a sip.

"Yeah but you killed it there" Orlando piqued in.

Harry glanced at him. "You should say hey to Shelby" Wes said, frowning at me.

I shared a look with Harry. "I ran into her today, didn't uh go well" I said, my hand tightening on my bottle.

Conner sighed softly. "It's been a hard time for her, a coma, you leaving, her mother leaving, graduation.. she's had a ton of stress on her plate" he replied.

I looked down. "How was it? Graduation?" I asked.

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "It wasn't the same" he replied quietly.

The table went quiet and I glanced over at Shelby to see her walking towards us. I straightened in my chair and Conner looked around as she reached us. "Hey guys, I'm heading home.. I'll see you then" she said, barely glancing my way.

"Hi Shelby" Orlando said, a little too excited.

"Hi Orlando" she replied before turning away.

He grinned and my hands fisted. She was walking towards the door and disappeared when I looked up. "You don't need our approval Matthew" Wes said, giving me a look.

He stole my beer and sculled it as I shot out of my seat and took after Shelby. The glass doors had just closed before I pushed them open again, falling out onto the street.

"Shelby" I called out breathlessly.

"Yeah?" Shelby's figure said befofe she turned around to realise who it was.

She scowled. "Go away" she added before walking again.

"Can we please talk?" I asked, following her.

"No, I have nothing to say to you" she replied, her phone screen lighting up her face.

"Than listen to me, please" I said, quickening my steps.

I jumped in front of her, blocking her path. She looked up from her screen and crossed her arms. "What are you going to do? Hand me a bunch of excuses?" She asked, anger filling her tone.

"You are right, that's normally what I would do, but I've changed and I'm not going to lie to you, after everything you've been through.. you don't deserve that" I replied.

"Mhm, what would you know about what I've been through, you weren't here" she replied, shifting.

"The guys filled me in" I replied.

She huffed. "Well go ahead, make your best excuse" she said sternly.

"I have only the truth and I have my cousin to back me up, I didn't want to leave.. I fought to stay after your accident.. my uncle wasn't having it, he forced me to leave Shels" I said, reaching a a hand out.

She raised an eyebrow. "And why are you back?" She asked.

"I'm still working for him, just through online clients and I wanted to come back, I missed you and I missed the guys" I replied, leaning forward slightly.

"All I could think about was you and if you were okay, I tried checking every social account I thought you had but I was blocked" I added, shrugging one shoulder.

"Yeah I blocked you because you left, you didn't come to see me at all and then a week after I woke up from my time as a woman in a coma, my mother left to live closer to my brother.. then my father decided to drop by unannounced to tell me he's getting remarried, than I graduated high school with bare minimum marks... I'm sorry I didn't want to deal with you" she replied, her tone cold.

"No, I'm sorry Shelby, I should have been there for you, I wanted to but I was too far away" I replied.

"But I'm back, let me make it up to you" I said, hope in my eyes.

"You want me to give you another chance? This will be the fourth chance I give you!" She exclaimed.

I shook my head. "I know I don't deserve it, but I'm back and I want to make everything better between us, please" I said, hoping.

"There's only so many times a girls heart can shatter before the pieces become too small to put back together, and I'm sorry Matthew.. but the pieces are too small" she replied.

She stepped away but I gave into my impulse. I reached out and grabbed her elbow lightly, pulling her back to me. She thumped against my chest, looked up and opened her mouth to say something bit I didn't give her the chance.

I kissed the hell out of her. Put everything into that one kiss. Even if she still walked away, at least I had this to remember her.

A/N

What do you think?
Will she stay or go?

Only a couple of chapters left :(
:)
Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lot's of love, Tavana xoxoxox