Chapter Five

Asia POV

As y'all probably know by now me and Neecey ain't on speaking terms. And most of it is my fault. I tried to push her into dating someone else but shit, I was only trying to help. But I guess it wasn't really my place to set her up on a blind date either.

But today I was going to try and apologize and make shit right.

Hopefully, she would be at work today so I could actually apologize face to face and not send some weak ass paragraph on how sorry I am.

I got dressed for work and did my makeup. I flat ironed my hair and it landed to my mid back.

I grabbed my pink shades and hat and put them on.

Grabbing my car keys I got in the car and drove to work.

*
Neecey POV

Today I needed to go back to work because I've been staying home all week to make sure Tommy good. But since he looks like he ok I'mma just head on back. I do dread seeing Asia again but I know we need to fix it but is today really that day?

I got out of bed and showered. I did my makeup and flat ironed my red frontal. I'm not gon lie I think I'm addicted to frontals.

I got dressed and grabbed a purse.

I slid on my blue shades and white hat with a rose on it.

"You look cute today". Rashad winked walking down the stairs wit me.

"What chu want". I stopped walking narrowing my eyes at him.

See he think he slick. He gon complement me and then try and ask for something.

"Nothing I just want to know if you can take me to get my license today?". He asked.

"There's something else. I know you Rashad". I folded my arms.

"And can I get a car?". He all but whispered.

"A car?!". I frowned.

"Yes. Now that I have my license I think I should get a car". He tried to reason.

"Fine. I'mma talk to Tommy and see what he say cause got damn you know how to just drop shit on a bitch". I sighed.

He chuckled as I walked out the door.

Maya, Jayla, and DJ was already in the car.

"Rashad better come on fa I leave his ass again". I said to no one particular.

Maya and Jayla go to the same school, Maya in the seventh, Jayla in the sixth, DJ was in the fifth grade and Rashad was in the eleventh grade.

He finally ran out the house with his book bag in hand.

"See now what would you have done if I woulda left chu?". I mushed his head.

"I got Tommy". He shrugged making me snap my head to him.

"Never mind". He turned forward.

I back out the driveway and dropped all of them off to school.

I headed to work hoping for an easy day.

*

I made it to work and went straight to my office.

Besides being a private psychiatrist I was also a couple's therapist and yes that shit makes me wanna drink until it ain't no more wine on Earth.

I got all my paperwork settled and waited for my first clients.

Up first, would be Mr. and Mrs. Johnson, they have been married for two years and damn they argue like no other.

They walked in hand in hand which suprise me cause they usually walk in arguing.

"Isn't it great? We haven't argued in a week". Mr. Johnson smiled.

"Really?". I looked at the both of them.

Mrs. Johnson aint say nothing.

"Uhm-why isnt she speaking?". I frowned looking to Mr. Johnson.

"Oh uhm the woman you had cover you last week recommend that for an entire week Mrs. Johnson not speak and she let me make all the decisions. So we're here so we can switch". He seemed like this didn't even bother him.

"Mr. Johnson that is unhealthy, Mrs. Johnson you may speak and tell me what all happened during the week". I looked to her.

"I can?". She spoke.

I nodded.

"YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH!". She screamed at her husband making my eyes go wide.

"This motherfucker bought a boat with our life savings! You can't even use it, you get sea sick! That was only on Monday! Then he hired some skank to watch our kids and fired the perfect baby sitter that I hired because the one I hired had grey hair and her age wasn't under thirty! Jim I fucking hope and pray you have the receipt to that piece of shit ass boat because it's going back!". She got all her emotions out.

He looked mortified.

"Uhm-Mr. Johnson?". I looked to him.

"You know what Celia, I'm so sick of your bitching and complaining and the nagging. I bought the boat so we could spend time with the kids but I guess all that matters to you is your stupid makeup business that never worked and never will work". He spat.

"Fuck you Jim. I swear I should've just married your brother like he asked me to on our wedding day". She revealed.

Yo where's the popcorn.

"John! John asked you to marry him on our wedding day?!". He yelled.

"Sure did. And I would've accepted had I known this was our future". She folded her arms.

"Well I guess I should say that your sister tried to talk me out of marrying you". He smirked.

"Susan?! You would listen to Susan. The two time divorcee who drowns her sorrows in liquor and can't seem to stay out of jail. Huh. I guess my Father was right, you are pathetic". She spat.

Well damn.

"You know what?!". He snapped his head to her.

"No! I don't know what! But I do know that I am done with these stupid counseling sessions because I want a divorce". She threw her ring and wedding band at him.

She walked out the door leaving him holding both her rings.

"Mr. Johnson do you need a tissue?". I asked sliding the box of Scotties to him.

"Tissues? I'm glad she's gone now I can see what's up with her sister Susan". He stood and walked out of my office.

Bitch.

I was getting ready for my next client when Asia walked in my office.

"Neecey can we talk?". She asked.

Well I guess I have to forgive her at some point.

I nodded.