Chapter Twenty Two

I got to Cassie's house and locked my car.

I used the key that she gave me and walked in.

"Cassie?". I called.

"In my room!". She answered back.

I went in the kitchen and grabbed the tub of cookies and cream and two spoons.

I went upstairs and she was in her bed. Her mascara was down her face and her eyes were red.

"Aw, it's gon be ok boo". I hugged her.

"You know that nigga broke up wit me after five years all because his momma said I wasn't right for him?". She told me.

"Damn. He a bitch for that". I shook my head.

"Nah. It's cool tho. I hear child support in Cali is hella expensive". She smiled, causing me to scream.

"Bitch your pregnant?!". I jumped on the bed.

"Two months. And he knows. And he still left. It's ok tho, me and my baby gon be alright". She wiped her running mascara off with a makeup wipe.

"Does your Mom know?". I asked.

"She went dancing with my Dad. I'm telling them when they get back". She sighed.

"Do you want me to stay with you?". I asked her.

She nodded.

We ate ice cream and watched Netflix.

At around 12 in the morning her parents came home.

"Hey girls. How's your sister Drea?". Mrs. Sanders asked.

"She's good. She's about to have a baby". I smiled.

"Oh! That's so beautiful. I remember the day I had Cassie. Your Father was so nervous that he passed out once we got to the hospital". She giggled.

"I'm dead. But umh, Mom I have some news for you and Dad". Cassie looked nervous.

"What is it mi amor?". Her Mom stood in the doorway.

"Mom, I'm pregnant". Cassie just let it out.

Mrs. Sanders smile grew wider.

"Dios mio, mi bebe. Victor! Victor! Ven aca!".  Mrs. Sanders yelled for Cassie's Dad Mr. Sanders.

"Que pasa? Oh, hi Drea. How is your sister?". He smiled.

"She's good". I smiled.

"Mi amor que pasa?". He took Mrs. Sanders's hand.

"Dad, I'm pregnant". Cassie told him.

"Aye mi bebita! You and Roscoe will make beautiful parents!". He pulled Cassie into a hug.

"Actually Dad, me and Roscoe broke up". Cassie sighed.

"I will rip his head off! What is his address! Did he hurt you?! I will have him killed!". Mr. Sanders looked to Cassie.

"No Dad. His Mom didn't like me so he left me". Cassie explained.

"Oh. Well he is not a man. Leaving his love and child behind for his mother? Your Mother and Grandma didn't get along at first but they grew on each other. But we are here if you need us". Mr. and Mrs. Sanders pulled Cassie in a hug.

"Any men problems with you Drea? You are like our second daughter". Mrs. Sanders smiled.

"Actually no. My boyfriend and I are doing great". I smiled.

"Well tell Jerome we said hello". Mr. Sanders smiled.

"Actually it's Dre now. But I will let him know you said hi". I felt the room mood shift and it was awkward.

"Oh! Ok well tell Dre we said hi. But goodnight girls and Cassie we will talk more in the morning". Mr. Sanders waved as they walked out of Cassie's room.

"See I told you yo parents was cool". I nudged her.

"That's the calm before the storm. They only reacted that way cause you here. If you wasn't here they probably woulda sent me packing by now". She shook her head sighing.

"Damn it's like that?". I frowned.

I had always thought that the Sanders was cool people.

"Drea, think about it, throughout our whole entire childhood together have you ever seen me get yelled at or whooped?". She questioned.

"No". I really couldn't recall a moment when she did get in trouble. Except for the ones she told me about.

"Exactly. My parents like to be the nice people with the goody goody daughter. But I'm no saint. And I'm human, and they just don't get that. So  you'll most likely see the outcome once you go home". She sighed.

"Wow. Well if they do anything drastic, you can come stay with me". I hugged her.

"Thanks Drea. See you getting me all emotional and shit". She wiped her eyes.

"Awww Cas don't cry. That's what best bitches is for". I handed her tissues from the night stand.

"Thanks. I just wish I could see the look on Roscoe's face when my lawyer serves him the child support papers, when my baby is born". She chuckled.

"You a evil bitch you know that". I giggled.

"So I've been told". She winked causing me to bust out laughing.

My phone started flashing.

Dre❤️👅- I wanna see you...😉

Bae👑😍❤️- I'm at Cas house but I can meet u

Dre- Bet where???

"Dre wants me to meet him but I'mma call you tomorrow and if they do kick you out then just bring you and yo shit to my house". I grabbed my phone and charger.

"Bet. And go get that good dick bitch". She stuck her tongue out.

"Nasty and it's not even like that!". I giggled walking out her room.