Chapter Twenty Eight

I woke up and I was in my own bed. I jumped up looking around.

How the fuck did I get here?

I sat up looking at the time.

It had been an entire twenty four hours.

I got out of bed and crept down the stairs and Cassie, Doughboy, Tommy, Neecey, Jayla, Maya, Rashad, and DJ were sitting on my couches.

"She woke". Cassie cheered.

She stood up and gave me a hug.

"What the hell happened?". I frowned.

"The doctor said you suffered from emotional exhaustion". Cassie stood up.

She gave me a hug.

Neecey came over and hugged me too.

"I thought I lost cho stubborn ass". She thumped me after pulling away.

"She get it from you". Tommy smirked.

"I am not stubborn". Neecey poked out her bottom lip.

"Ok baby whatever you say". Tommy smirked.

"I'm hungry". I rubbed my stomach.

"It's food in the kitchen. I cooked". Neecey smiled.

"Ayyy we freaking lit". I chuckled.

I went into the kitchen and stopped in my tracks. A-K was standing at the stove.

"What the hell?". I frowned.

"Drea, we need to talk". A-K gave me that face that I remember all to fucking well.

"No. You need to leave. I don't want you here. We are over, done, dead, not together, do I really need to spell it out for you". I spat.

"I know that. But I just wanna clear shit up. I ain't leaving it like this. I still care bout chu". He spoke.

"If you still cared about me, you would know that the sight of your face makes me wanna crawl into a ball and cry. Because no matter how hard I try, I can't forget you and I can't forget us. And I can't stop loving you, and the way you made me feel. I still love you Jerome". I reminisced as tears fell down my face.

I didn't care that he saw me crying. I wanted him to see what he had done to me.

I wiped my eyes and he pulled me into a hug.

"I love you too baby girl. I ain't ever stop either. But I had to leave. I thought my gang life would hurt chu. I ain't even know what I was doing, I shoulda just came to you.  I'm so sorry man, for everything". He trapped me in a bear hug.

I honestly did want things to work out between me and Jerome. I did still love him and he supposedly still loved me.

We didn't pull away from each other for a two minutes.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so sorry baby girl. I never meant for shit to go down like that. I promise, on God I will never put my hands on you again". He apologized sincerely.

"I forgive you. But we can't just go back to the way we was. You gotta prove yourself to me. Prove to me that chu really want this". I gave him a serious look.

"Whatever it takes. I don't care if you want my ass to jump off the Empire State building blind folded, I'mma do it". He said making me laugh.

"Damn I missed yo smile". He smirked.

"Mhm yeah we'll see". I walked over to the pot that contained curry chicken.

"Ayyy it's lit as fuck". I millyrocked.

"Man you goofy as fuck". Doughboy came in the kitchen.

"Ok and?". I poked out my lip.

I put some rice and curry chicken on my plate and went to the living room sitting next to Shad.

"Wassup lil boy". I thumped the side of his head.

He sucked his teeth.

"Man I'm bout to be eighteen next year hell you calling me lil boy for?". Rashad mushed the side of my head.

"You better shut up fa Neecey get on you". I warned.

"Man she sleep she'on hear me". He waved me off.

"Oh I hear yo ass alright, you betta stop cussing round these kids fa you get hurt". She threatened with her eyes closed.

Everybody busted out laughing except for Rashad.

I ate my food and then everybody left.

"Don't forget our baby shower on Friday". Tommy reminded me.

"Say less. Text me the addy". I called after him as he walked to the car.

I closed the door and it was me and Cassie left.

"So you and A-K back together huh?". She smirked.

"Who the fuck told you?". I frowned.

"I ain't stupid Drea. You go in the kitchen and come out smiling and he walk out after yo ass smiling". She explained.

"Well we're working on it. But we ain't together right now". I gave her a small smile.

"Biiitch I'm so happy for you hoe. But let that nigga know, if he fuck up again, me and yo godbaby gon fuck him up". She threatened making me laugh.

"Girl bye. I'm bout to go back to sleep". I picked up a blanket and threw it over me.

I laid on Cassie and fell asleep.