Chapter Eleven

"So nobody has nothing to say? But chall was all secrets and whispers a few minutes ago, but now erbody ain't got shit to say". I folded my arms.

"Neecey, I wanted this. I'm eighteen and I can do what I want". Drea folded her arms.

"Miss me wit that I'm eighteen I can do what I want. Fuck outta here. God, Drea shit didn't go yo way so you took the easy way out!". I yelled.

"Ok, and at least I get paid and get money now so what's the point?!". She yelled back.

"The point is I don't want to get a call in the middle of the night saying they have a black light skinned eighteen year old and I need to identify her body because a deal went wrong and she was killed. Or, I don't want to have to spend six years waiting for my sister to get out of jail because she pissed somebody off so they snitched on her". I spat.

"You know what Neecey, I don't care. I  made my decision and I'm in this and your just gonna have to get over it". She shrugged.

"I don't have to get over shit! Get the fuck out my house you ungrateful ass". I yelled.

She looked to Tommy who ain't say shit. Bet not say shit either.

She walked past me and I heard the door slam.

I looked at Tommy and shook my head.

I walked upstairs and I could feel him behind me.

I went into the closet and put on some pajamas.

I came back in the room and Tommy was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Do you have anything to say for yourself?". I stood in front of him.

"Drea not gon get hurt". He looked at me.

"Well damn why didn't you tell me they gave you your license to be God while you was in prison". I frowned.

"All I'm saying is she can defend herself. I took her to the shooting range and she can fight". He tried to reason.

"She's eighteen! She shouldn't have to do none of that!". I screamed.

"Neecey, lower yo voice when you talking to me. I told you, I'm watching her. I always got eyes on her. She get into something I'mma be there". He said.

I just paced the room.

"You really gon put her in a position where she could end up like you did? Like it's crazy to me". I spoke not looking at him.

"I ain't see you complaining when this house got bought". He stood up.

"Man fuck you for even throwing that in my face. I didn't ask you to pay for this house. You did that because you wanted too. I never ask you to do nothing for me. Even when you was paying for everything in this house I never asked you too. So don't try to act like I was sitting back and relaxing while you was doing everything cause les not forget I was still in school then I got the internship". I spat.

"Whatever man". He tried to brush me off.

Nah. We was gon talk bout this. Cause I ain't loosing no sleep.

"What chu want me to say? The damage done and I can't fire ha cause I ain't boss no mo. You really think she gon quit cause you tell her too? Shit chu might as well try yelling Rashad to forgive ya mom's while you at it". He  tried to reason.

"Good job. Thank you so much for letting me know that you put Drea in a position and now she's too stubborn to get out of it. And not only did you throw my mom in it you also reminded me of shit I have to deal with besides this. So congratu-fucking-lations on not looking like the bad guy, you really did a good fucking job". I clapped.

"Yo chill wit dat bullshit bro". He shook his head.

"Ok. Well since me being concerned for my sister's safety is bullshit to you I don't know what else to say besides the fact that you broke your promise". I folded my arms.

"What is you talking bout". He frowned.

I turned on my heels and went into my closet. I took out the first birthday card he ever got me.

"This! This is your promise! Read it". I folded my arms.

He opened the card, that read:

Neecey, I love you and the kids. And I will never hurt you or the kids or put y'all in harms way ever in our time being together.

He was silent as he read it.

He dropped his head in his hands.

I walked over to him and sat next to him.

"I wouldn't be doing all this if I didn't think Drea would get hurt somehow. But you and I both know in the game some shit is always gonna pop off. And I know she can fight, and defend haself but what if she get caught Tommy? What I'mma do if my sister end up in jail for six years?". I put my hand in his.

"I know. But you gotta understand Drea not gon give up this life. She already got her mind made up. She didn't get into the college that specializes in psychology because she didn't qualify or some bullshit and then the meeting at the place where you got yo internship offended her and that's all she had". Tommy said shocking me.

Drea told me she got accepted into the college. I even seen the acceptance letter.

What the fuck is really going on?