26. The Hooded Man

Suddenly, Hannah's face lit up as if a plan had struck her.

"I think I know where we can start," She said with a little side smile. "Do you remember you told me about that man who kept staring at you when we were coming back from the beach? " Hannah continued seeing John's confused face.

John nodded.

"Well, maybe he can tell us something? I mean you told me that he was shocked seeing the stone in your hand. Which means, he does know something. What say?"

"Where will we find him though?" John liked the idea but he was not sure as to where they can find him. They didn't even know where he lived or anything.

"Do you at least remember how he looked like?"

"Well, considering the fact that it happened way too back and that he was wearing a hood, it's hard to say that I remember his face exactly. But it's blur though."

"Cool," Hannah replied. She clearly had something in her mind. "I know this guy that can make sketches from what you can describe. "

"But I don't remember him completely."

"No problem. At least, can you give him the details like here and there?"

"Yeah. I think I will be able to recall at least something."

"Then that's all we need. He can put together the missing pieces to get the final picture."

"How do you even know this guy?" John looked at Hannah in surprise.

"Well, what can I say, I have my connections," Hannah said raising eyebrows and give him a grinning smile.

----------

"Do you think it'll work? " John whispered in Hannah's ear as they stood in the lobby waiting.

"Trust me. He's an expert at what he does." While John was doubting, Hannah was completely confident in herself that her plan won't fail and in this person who according to Hannah, knows exactly what he does.

The lobby had paintings, art pieces, and sketches. It had some artificial plants for decor - red, green, and orangish-yellow. The lobby was well lit with white wallpaper. There were various paintings of some of the famous painters - including some which neither Hannah nor John knew about but was awestruck by them. Some of the paintings included a house of stones built on the highest hill, an animal-filled farm with scarecrows and crops, a portrait of a beautiful girl, underwater scenery, to name a few. Some were drawn in watercolors, some with pastel while others with paints. Modern art paintings were also among them. The art pieces included a human statue carved with marble stone, an ancient designer pot, animals which felt so real that anytime now they could move. Some beautiful paintings and sketches also hung there which were signed by the name 'Jordan B.'.

Hannah pointed to the name and told John that that was the name of the person they were going to meet.

As they were standing in front of the sketches, admiring the work, a voice called for them from behind, "Mr. Jordan is ready to meet you."

They turned around and found a lady, with a white stripes shirt, tugged inside the black office-type skirt. She gestured them towards a room. "Follow me."

On the door, there was a nameplate on which ' Jordan B. ' was engraved in gold.

The lady, which the duo thought to be Jordan's secretary, knocked on the door - twice before a voice came from the inside telling her to let them in.

Hannah opened the door as the lady left. John was close on her heels.

" Mr. Jordan? Hello, I'm Hannah. "