104. Black Smog

"Father, look out!" Emily pulled Father Murphy in the nick of time.

Father Williams regained consciousness and reached for the knife still covered with the dried blood of Father Murphy. He got up with an effort and was about to stab Father Murphy on his back when Emily pulled Father Murphy out of the way.

"Thanks, Emily," Father Murphy said looking behind him to see Father Williams lying on the floor face down, again.

"Don't mention it," Emily smiled.

As Emily was taking Father Murphy to a pew, Father Williams twitched which no one noticed.

He got up, again, grabbed the knife, and this time with a firm grip. He aimed at Father Murphy but he got imbalanced and the knife was now heading towards Emily.

Neither Emily nor Father Murphy was aware of their death right behind them. The tip of the knife touched Emily's back as she startled but soon Emily didn't feel anything piercing through her.

"Not when I'm here," Clyde held Father Williams's hand.

Emily and Father Murphy looked around. Emily smiled at Clyde and thanked him.

"Don't you know it's dangerous to play with knives?" Clyde said in an innocent tone like he was making a baby understand the basics.

Then the tone of his voice changed to a more stern note as he said, "You've crossed the line, Father Williams."

Saying that he took the knife from a weak Father Williams's hand and stabbed him instead as Emily watched the scene with her eyes wide.

This was the first time Emily had seen a bold and a serious Clyde. Well, it was the second time. The first one was when they both were fighting the pawns together.

Emily remembered how Clyde had slowly changed from a comedian ghost to a more responsible one. He was always there for Emily. Always there to protect her. She shivered remembering what could've happened that day if Clyde didn't come to rescue her from the pentagram or that time when he helped to find her when her car was charred and more such incidents and now saving her from the knife. He surely had his moments of fun but no one can deny the fact that he always protected her.

"What?" Clyde replied looking at a surprised Emily. "What needs to be done, needs to be done."

Emily giggled. There we go again - back to being a comedic ghost.

"Emily, Clyde, we need you here," Came the sound of Uncle Max who was fighting John and Scarlett alongside Harry.

"I'll just come," Saying this Emily left Father Murphy to rest on the pew while she and Clyde went to help.

Emily and Clyde fought with Scarlett while Uncle Max and Harry began fighting with John. None of them wanted to hurt either Scarlett or John. It wasn't their fault that they became Diana's pawns.

They just kept avoiding their attacks.

"We gotta come up with a plan," Emily suggested.

"True," Harry agreed, "We cannot go on like this forever."

"Clyde and I will distract Scarlett," Emily began,

"While Harry and I will take care of John," Uncle Max suggested.

They all placed their hands, one on top of the other and screamed in unity, "Let's do this!"

As planned, Emily and Clyde distracted Scarlett away from the scene, separating her and John.

Meanwhile, Harry and Uncle Max began fighting John. Both of them tried to make John remember the good times, the happy memories, the real John inside him.