108. The Final Chapter - II

"Someone came to meet you, Diana," John said as he pointed towards the circle of bats forming in the sky.

Soon everyone saw Helena, Ryan, and one other spirit along with the two.

"Diana," Helena began as the three approached her, "Please forgive us."

"We are really guilty about everything we did." Ryan began. "George, Helena, and I were just kids. We didn't know any better. But it was wrong on our part to do what we did."

"And we don't blame you for what you did," George - the third spirit who came along with Ryan and Helena said, "we had it coming. But we have repented our mistakes. We are extremely sorry. Please accept our apologies, Diana."

Diana gave one look at her bullies who were the cause of the start of all this and then gave one look at her mom who smiled at her.

Diana took a deep breath and snapped her fingers. Slowly the wounds, the cuts, the slits, the scars of Helena, George, and Ryan began to disappear.

"I forgive you," Diana said in a calm voice.

"That's my daughter," Diana's mother said proudly as they both shared a hug.

Diana looked at Alex who was lying on the street - fainted - with her body twisted. She focused on Alex and slowly she regained consciousness as her body slowly went back to normal. Emily helped Alex get up and carried her towards Rose, David, and John.

Diana smiled looking at her mother and then she closed her eyes, murmured something, and snapped her fingers. No one was sure what happened.

"Helena, bring everyone back and you three make sure everyone returns home safe." Diana referred to her formal pawns. "I've broken the link and lifted the spell."

"I never thought that I could ever forgive them," Diana said looking at her mother." But one thing was for sure, every time I killed someone or made their life miserable, I thought that the hole inside me would fill, but I would always feel empty - the same way I felt since the day you died. But mom, how do you do it though? I still don't get it how can anyone have a heart so pure?"

And that's when it hit Emily as she smiled.
"This kind of curse to be reversed needs a sacrifice - a pure heart and no selfishness. A person who does not have any grudges, who can't see anyone in pain and who help others without seeing any greed in return."

"Look who we brought with us," Came the sound of Ryan.

It was Emily's mom and dad along with many more spirits that were teleported.

"Mom! Dad! I thought I'd never see you again!" Emily ran and wrapped her hands around her parents. "First of all tell me why you returned? You knew it was unsafe. And secondly, Tom was with you, then how come Mr. and Mrs. Jackson saw only Tom while you were pawns of Diana?"

"Emily," said Mr. Watkins, "we were worried sick about you. It was an internal battle every day to just stay alive in the hope that nothing had happened to you. So we decided to come to you but on the way, we met Diana and the rest is history but before Diana did anything to us, we told Tom to run away and find his family and lead them to the Church. Now call it a mother's instinct or whatever, but your mother somehow knew that you all will gather in the Church."

"What's done is done," said Emily with a warm and happy smile. "What matters now is that we have each other."

"David," Diana began and looked at his ankle. Slowly it was going back to normal. After a few seconds, the pain had gone away as he got healed. Diana smiled looking at him.

Diana looked near the tree where Father Murphy was lying unconsciously. She closed her eyes as everyone looked at them. Soon a smile ran across everyone's faces seeing Father Murphy slowing gaining consciousness.