27. The Search

" How is that even possible?" Hannah was taken aback and so was John. " How can you describe a dead man that died 75-80 years back? "

"I know what I saw. Ok? He was this same man!" John sounded offended.

"Calm down bro. No need to get so hyped up about it." Hannah said crossing her arms. "I believe you. It's that I can't believe my ears."

"Jordan, what else do you know about this man?" John turned towards the creator of the sketch.

" Well, while growing up, I heard all sorts of stories about this man. And let me tell you, they were all weird and mysterious. Some even said that he was a lunatic while others said that he practiced dark magic or something. My grandfather told me that they were always told to stay as away as possible from him and that he would harm them in ways that they had never imagined. People would fear him. But then, there's this other side of the story too. Some said that he was very kind. He just gave this dangerous kind of vibe as he had childhood issues while growing up. They said that he just needed some friends, some company."

" So, what is the truth behind all these stories? " Hannah asked leaning in.

"I don't know what exactly the deal was with this guy. Who knows the exact truth? Maybe he was a bit of both or maybe he was none. We cannot put a tag on someone we don't know about. We all have our reasons in the way we act out or behave. What we show ourselves as could be entirely different or maybe the same as who we really are. But he definitely rose many speculations and rumors."

"Can we, if we want to, find him?" John asked.

" But why do you guys want to find a dead man?" Jordan was confused. He did not get the whole idea as to why they were discussing someone that died so many years ago.

" Just some answers. Nothing much." Hannah replied. " Can you tell us anything that can be of our help?"

" You're lucky that this man used to live in this neighborhood and if you're lucky enough, you can still find the man's house if you search."

"Where can we find the house? Do you happen to have an address or know some landmarks? "

" I do. My grandfather told me once but that was way too back and now the place has definitely changed the way it looks now compared to back then. So, what I will tell you guys will be a whole lot of different and if you start to search as per my hints, you'll be running in circles. "

" I agree. The town had seen a lot of development since. But it's alright. Just tell us what you know and then we'll ask the people about it more - just like the old school search." Hannah dug deep. She really wanted to know about this man and see if she can find out, anyhow, about what he knows about the stones, about Diana and most importantly if he knows how to end all this. But how to know all these from a dead man? Well, that's a different question.

" Well, as far as I can remember, my grandfather told me that he used to live not far from the flowering dogwood. His house was surrounded by the vines and - and - the rest, I can't recall clearly. "

" That's alright. That'll be enough I guess. Thanks, Jordon, for everything."
Hannah thanked him as she and John began to leave.

" No problem. Glad I can be of your help." They bid goodbye, with Jordan handing the sketch over to John as they walked out.

----------

"Excuse me, ma'am," Hannah asked an old lady down the streets, opening the paper which contained the sketch. "Can you tell us where this man used to live?"

"I might be old," Her voice started to shiver due to her age. "But I ain't-a fool. No way. Bye." She said coldly as she left on her walker.

"Let's try our luck with a man there," John asked pointing to a bald man who was sitting on a bench.