56. The Return Of Hannah

"Hannah?" Aunt Petunia said with a confused look on her face seeing Hannah standing on the stairs near John's room. "Were you here the whole time?"

The whole family stared at Hannah, which all except Petunia knew was not actually Hannah.

"I'm always around, sweet... sweet aunt Petunia. I never leave." Hannah said as she gave a crooked smile.

"What does she mean by that?" Petunia asked David.

He stood silent. It was the first time for Rose, David as well as Emily to see this side of Hannah. They were lost for words. Their eyes were just glued on her - not believing what she had turned into.

"- and, why do you look and sound so different, dear?"

"Oh, don't stress too much on it," Hannah began saying as she slowly made her way downstairs, creating the visuals like she wasn't even stepping her foot on the stairs as no sound came, her knees weren't bending - as if she was coming down levitating. "You'll soon find out." She gave Petunia a cold and fixed stare, grinning ear to ear with her chin touching her neck which made Petunia a little spooked out.

"Aah," she sounded delightful as she watched her family with all eyes on her - some reflecting fear, some were clueless while some were frightened. Hannah was loving all that fear. "So, we meet again, dear brother," She looked at John, who was standing as if someone hit his 'pause' button. "I see, you survived - twice! Impressive, dear brother, must say. I thought I'd kill you the first time, but you knocked your sister out with a crowbar. That must hurt so much for Hannah. You really thought that you knocked me out? For real? You think that we could feel any pain?" Hannah laughed." Oh, brother, you knocked your sister down, unconscious - not me. As I said, humans can really be stupid! It was so much fun to watch you run - run like a deer who knows that a lion is out insight, who could pounce anytime." She giggled as she enjoyed remembering it. "and to add a little more fun, you thought that Father Williams came for your rescue, you didn't even suspect a thing! Well," she paused. "if you would only shush your stupid mouth. The constant questioning can really be irritating, you know." she rolled her eyes. "But do you wanna know what's funny in all this? That you always knock someone out. First your sister and then Father. You are natural at knocking people out. Maybe if you join forces with me - like a sidekick - it could be fun but of course, that doesn't mean that I will spare your life for that!" Hannah laughed and then sighed.

"And, I see you are here too - the best friend," Hannah's eyes shifted towards Emily as she air quoted her words. "Never thought to see you standing on your two feet again!" Hannah sounded a bit surprised. "I see you survived too. Thought that the knife stuck inside you and the car pushing the knife inside could really cut you off. Imagine how goooood that must be to watch - your body slowing being cut in two. No worries though, this time it'd be twice as fun. I've got a lot in my mind for you." She giggled as she turned her head towards the couple holding each other tight, with their body trembling and breaths quickening with trepidation.

"You must be the parents. Nice to finally meet you," She bowed a little. "See! I have manners too. This must be the first time that you must be seeing your daughter like this. How does it feel? Your heart must really be breaking right now, wanting your daughter back." She scoffed. "Love it when a heart, breaks. So comforting and Mr. Jackson, my apologies for twisting your ankle - Nah, not really, it was fun to watch you scream in pain. How do you feel for being the first victim of my most, most, most mild attack? But you know what? You two should really teach your kids, not to pick up anything from anywhere. I mean that was how you invited your doom. But now you cannot do anything about it." She giggled with a macabre vibe.

"Anyway," Hannah finally turned to face Petunia whose expression was saying it all - that she didn't even have a clue of what is going on and a bit scared, at unease with a bit of discomfort. "I heard you wanted to see me, sweet... sweet aunt - twice - once at the hospital and -"

So, Emily was right. John thought. Diana was in the room. It must be her who had left the note with the bouquet. That means she was with us the entire time! She never left! Thinking that Hannah was always watching them without them even having a clue about it, sent a shiver down his spine. She was watching him and his family the entire time, hiding in the dark, keeping an eye, watching their every single move and analyzing and reading them, just like a serial killer does with his prey - gathering every detail of information about his prey's life and move, analyzing him inside and out. You can think that you are safe and happy with your family but he is always watching you - just to hunt you down when the time is right and watch you die just to enjoy when you bleed slowly begging for your life as your life drips away.

" - and second, here, your last words before you wanted to leave." Hannah paused for a bit as she took her final step down. "How can you leave without meeting me?" Her voice became child-like and high pitched.

"I have absolutely no idea of what is going on here, or what you all trying to pull on me but I won't fall for your trap. I know this must be some kind of a plan that you all acted out right here, right now. But it is over. It was nice meeting you but it's too late now, Hannah." Petunia said as she started to turn towards the door.

"It's never late, sweet.... sweet ... aunt Petunia, not even after death."

Petunia paused for a while trying to catch her breath which appeared to be stuck with an air of fear by Hannah's behavior and vibes. "You are really confusing me with all your riddles." Petunia said. "I met you now, and now I have to go." She opened the door to leave the family.

The door closed with a loud bang again causing the chandelier to rock back and forth with the rattling sound and causing everyone to jolt back.

"Nah - ah- ah" Hannah motioned her index finger left and right with every word. "Not so soon, sweet... sweet Aunt."