i hate it when you cry (03)

whenever jennie's mad, you could see a vein on her forehead or neck about to pop off. that's exactly what i'm seeing right now. for whatever reason, she pushed me against my own locker and forcefully held me in place.

if i remember correctly; i haven't done anything. if anything, i should be the one who's fuming because she kissed me without my consent on friday.

"jisoo, running is cool, but running away from me when i still wasn't done you isn't," she said, her irises that resembled of dark chocolates that was filled with anger stared right into my oblivion eyes.

"i had all the reasons to run away from a monster like you!" i spat.

today, i'm feeling much better. much more confident.

maybe it's because i spent my weekends with kenzo and all he ever did was cheer me up and tell me that i should never be scared of jennie.

"what did you just call me?" she asked through gritted teeth.

oh, her voice -- it sent shivers down my spine. my knees buckled, but i didn't show any hint of fear. although my heart is cowering in fear, my face remained stubbornly dry.

"a monster-"

and before i could even finish my sentence, she slammed my back against the locker with so much force that i felt my lungs give out for a few seconds. i literally choked on my own words.

"don't. ever. call. me. that," she shoved me against the locker again, but this time, with less power.

i meekly nodded and looked away from her, still catching my breath, not from the pain, but from the initial shock of the push.

"hey, let her go!"

i heard someone yell. i whipped my head to the voice's direction and saw kenzo. both of his fists are shut close and his teeth gritted in anger.

for a moment, i felt scared. not for jennie, but for kenzo.

"and who are you?" jennie loosed her grip on my shoulders and shot kenzo a death glare.

kenzo took a few steps back when jennie glared at him, but he immediately gained back his composure.

"just let her go! a bitch like you doesn't deserve to know my name," he barked and everyone that was passing in the hallway stopped on their tracks.

no. he did not. he didn't just call jennie a bitch.

jennie stepped away from me. murderous aura radiating of her body. i never felt genuinely scared for someone in my whole life.

she looked at kenzo and smirked slightly; a smirk with a sick twist to it. "i didn't ask for you name. i asked you who are you. who are you to tell me what the fuck to do," she slowly approached kenzo.

i was surprised to see kenzo not shaking in fear. instead, he was standing straight, his lower lip grinding in between his teeth.

once jennie was close enough to kenzo, she gripped his shirt with so much strength that i heard his shirt tear slightly. kenzo is taller by jennie by a lot, but she got him on his tippy toes when she lifted his shirt up.

"don't tell me what to do, little boy," she said. "or else i'll break your pretty nose and maybe a few of your ribs -- if i feel like it."

kenzo grunted when jennie lifted him up some more. now, his feet were inches above the ground and i'm sure that he's having trouble breathing.

"fuck you," he barked and trashed around jennie's death grip.

oh no. this is not good.

i heard fist smashing through flesh and in a blink of an eye, kenzo was already on the ground; lips bleeding, bruises was already forming and not a minute had passed. from the looks if it, jennie isn't stopping any time soon. she stomped her way to kenzo's limp body on the ground and lifted her legs to kick him--

"stop!" i rushed to jennie and hugged her from behind to pull her away from kenzo. "please, stop!" i buried my head into her muscled back, tears spilling down my face.

"jennie -- please -- kenzo -- just stop, please."

her tensed muscles relaxed and she turned around to face me.

"stop crying," she said. "i hate it."

"h-huh? why?" i asked and wiped away the tears. i didn't realized that i was crying.

she shrugged and gently pushed me away. she raised her hand to my face -- for a second, i thought that she was going to hit me, but i grew even more surprised when i felt her thumb gently wipe away the tears that i failed to get rid of.

"i don't know," she took a step away from me. "i don't know why i hate seeing you cry so much."

and before i could even process everything that just happened, jennie was already walking away from me. i stared at her back as her figure slowly disappeared into the crowd of people.

i felt it again. the butterflies in my stomach.

and then i remembered something much more important. kenzo.

i rushed into him. "kenzo, oh my gosh, are you alright?"

why would i even ask him that? after being hit my jennie -- jennie who's a 4th dan black belt in taekwondo, jennie who's been practicing bralizian jiu-jitsu ever since she was 10, jennie who's never afraid to stab someone if needed. . . of course, he's not fine.

he sat up with a groan and angrily wiped away the blood on his lip. "what the hell is she on? steroids?" he joked, but i didn't laugh.

i lend him my hand, he took it and stood up. i worriedly looked at him, he merely smiled and patted my shoulder.

"i'm okay, jichu," he flexed his biceps and i finally let out a chuckle.

"just be careful next time, okay?"

"yes, ma'am," he saluted. i hit his shoulder and giggled again.

"don't ever do that, kenzo," i scolded him as we were walking to our english class together.

"she was hurting you," he frowned. "i won't let anyone hurt you."

my heart melted a little bit at his comment. i bit back a smile and coughed loudly.

"i can handle myself."

"whatever, jichu!" he playfully rolled his eyes. "but next time -- if i ever see her hurting you again or even just bothering you -- i won't hold back."

you weren't holding back earlier, kenzo. you were scared of jennie and i don't blame you.

"all right, whatever you say," i chuckled.

dear diary,

today is november 10 2010 and all i ever did today is think about jennie's thumb gently rubbing my tears away.