friends can break your heart too (12)

i was told that time would heal all wounds. but what do i exactly do on days when the hands on my clock just wouldn't move?

you see, when you're in pain, time doesn't go fast -- it's annoyingly too slow. time passes quickly when you're happy, but plodding when you're suffering. why is that?

sitting on our usual spot on the cafeteria, my eyes are only glued to one specific girl. i watched as she laughs and jokes around with the boy whom i desperately hate. and i know it's stupid to hate someone i barely know. but the heart doesn't know boundaries, it will hate and love who it wants and you'll be too helpless to stop it.

kenzo would smile at jisoo and she would always smile at him a little bit wider. staring at her, i wonder if i ever made her smile that widely before?

 staring at her, i wonder if i ever made her smile that widely before?

it's a dream of mine to make her smile until her jaws aches, but it looks like my dream is being accomplished my somebody else.

i'm happy for her, but i'm sad for myself.

"jen, eat your food," lisa firmly said, her hard voice snapping me out my trance.

"oh, sorry," i sheepishly smiled at her and started to nibble at my food.

i tried to focus on eating, but i couldn't help but glance every now and then to jisoo and kenzo. a small smile crept its way on my face as i watch jisoo laugh.

she's so beautiful.

"jennie?" rose called for me, i looked at her and cocked my head to the side, raising a questioning brow.

"want to watch a movie or do something more productive other than staring at jisoo at my place?" rose asked, smiling.

i chuckled at her question. are my stares really that obvious? i guess staring at jisoo had become a habit -- a very, very bad habit.

"sure," i shrugged. "i'll go straight to your house after my taekwondo."

"okay," rosé nodded. "how about you, lisa? want to come?"

"pass," lisa answered. "i have a date with xamantha this afternoon."

i smirked. "oh, really? a serious date or a date to attempt to get in her pants because i'm pretty sure xamantha is somewhat hard to get?"

"oh, come on, jen," lisa playfully rolled her eyes. "serious date? the fuck is that?!" lisa joked.

i laughed. "you're the worst."

rosé chuckled too. "just because you're the only one who stopped flirting and breaking people's heart doesn't make you the best, jennie," the chipmunk teased.

"woah, there, roseanne park! why are you coming for me?" i faked a pout.

"because you called me the worst when clearly you're the most fucked up in this group," lisa answered.

"i used to be the most fucked up, but that was before," i defended myself. "now it's lisa who owns my throne," i joked and lisa half-heartedly slapped my shoulder causing all three of us to giggle uncontrollably.

whenever i'm with these two; i'm happy. so, when they're not around, i'm engulfed in silence -- silence that makes my skin itch. whenever i'm not with them, all i could ever think about is jisoo.

not being around them is a painful, slow torture; that's how important rosé and lisa are to me. they're not just friends, they're family.

when we finally calmed down, lisa said something that caught me off guard.

"but to be honest, you can't keep being loyal for someone who already belongs to someone else," lisa said, eyes glancing at jisoo who's still happily talking with kenzo. i can see regret flash across her eyes when her sentence ended.

i merely smiled at lisa's statement.

the atmosphere thickened and i felt responsible for the sudden change. i was about to say something, but rosé beat me to it.

"real talk," rosé spoke, breaking the silence. "i'm getting tired of this fuck girl shenanigans -- like, i actually want to fall in love. i'm tired of fucking someone and leaving them the morning after."

i smiled at rosé. that's my chipmunk.

lisa jokingly gagged, causing rosé to frown. i didn't miss the flash of hurt in her eyes.

"that's so not you," lisa stated.

"that's good because i don't want to be me. i'm tired of hurting people and using them for sex, it gets boring," rosé answered, i can hear the slight hint of harshness in her tone.

"well, why don't you spice things up in bed? like use toys? ana-"

rosé huffed, cutting lisa from whatever she wanted to say. "pass. besides i'm not you, lisa, what you find enjoyable, i don't always find fun."

it's getting hot in here. literally and figuratively. these two bickers a lot -- like a whole lot, but sometimes someone gets over the belt and i'm always there to stop them before things gets truly nasty.

"and what do you find fun, roseanne?" lisa asked, her perfectly brow raised. "love?"

"and what if that's what i consider fun?" rosé also arched a brow.

"i wouldn't judge you," lisa cooed, her voice coming back to normal. the heat went down incredibly fast by her calm answer.

i guess i don't have to step in this time.

rosé visibly relaxed as she lets out a shaky sigh.

woah, i haven't seen rosé in such distress before. and then i thought pops inside my head. an explanation as to why rosé brought up this topic all of the sudden.

"are you in love, rosé?" i asked.

her eyes widened at my question -- bullseye. lisa perked up, a small frown plastered on her lips.

"i think i am," rosé replied in a hushed town, her neck and cheeks becoming pink.

"who's this lucky someone?" i asked again.

rosé smiled at me -- a smile that was filled with sadness and disappointment.

"i can't tell," she answered. "but i can guarantee both of you that she doesn't love me back."

my heart broke for my best friend.

not because she said that someone she loves doesn't love her back (god knows i'm in a very familiar situation).

my heart broke because i saw how rosé glanced at lisa's direction when she uttered her last sentence.

lisa being the insensitive girl she is -- she remained oblivious.

my poor chipmunk is in love with our best friend.