Chapter 7

(Marco's POV)

(The next day)

Star, Stella and I were on our way to our first class; the only one we all shared together. "So what were you up to yesterday Star?" Stella asked. "Did you get a second show from this Marcus character or something?"

"No no, not at all." Star responded. "I was just hanging out in the Bounce Lounge." She smiled. "It's my favorite place to chill and you two seemed like you needed private time."

"We were just sparring." I responded. "And we even wanted you to come."

Star looked away slightly. "Well … I felt it would be strange for me to just sit there not doing anything."

"Nonsense." I responded. "You would have been-"

Stella interrupted me with a blow to the head. "She didn't want to watch us spar, Marco."

I looked at her for a moment before it finally sunk in. "Oh, … sorry." I quickly though about how to change the subject. "So when do we get to meet Marcus?" I asked.

Just then, a boy in a blue hoodie rounded a corner, causing him to almost crash into me. "Sorry." I said as I narrowly avoided him,

"MARCUS!" Star exclaimed as she threw her arms into the air. "Hugs." She wrapped her arms around him as he looked back, slightly surprised.

"Wait." I said as I looked at the boy. "So you're Marcus?"

"That's what it says on my birth certificate." He responded as he remained in Star's embrace. "Star is a lot huggier than I thought." He said as he looked at Star who was still hugging him.

"Well this is starting to get awkward." Stella said as she clasped her hands together. "Lucky for me, I have to use the bathroom; so I will see you three later." Stella walked off leaving Star, Marcus, and myself.

"So …" Marcus began as he looked at Star, who was still hugging him.

"Oh right." Star said as she let him go. "Marco, this is Marcus, Marcus, this is Marco."

"Nice to meet you Marco." Marcus said as he reached out his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Marcus." I said as I shook his hand. "So I heard that you and Star fought Ludo on Friday."

"You mean the kappa thing?" He asked. "Yeah, we fought him." He looked over at Star. "Speaking of which, is he going to be showing up any time soon? I'm out of fireworks."

"Don't worry." Star responded. "Ludo attacked us two days in a row, so his minions are probably too tired to try again so soon."

"That's good." Marcus responded. Just then, the bell rang signaling the beginning of the first class. "Well, I have to go so I'll talk to you two later."

"See ya Marcus." Star said as she waved after him.

"See ya Star." He responded.

As we quickly made our way to class, I felt a sense of unease come over me. When we reached class and saw that Miss Skullnick hadn't arrived yet, I decided to talk to Star about it. "Hey Star, may I ask you something?"

"What's on your mind?" She asked.

"Well … how exactly do you feel about this Marcus guy?"

She looked at me, confused. "How do you mean?" She asked.

I sighed and played with my fingers. "I mean are the two of you dating or something?"

Her confused look turned to one of shock. "Dating?" She asked. "Not in the slightest, you know I like someone else."