Chapter 8

(Marco's POV)

(Later)

I had met up with Stella and vacated the school ground as quickly as we could. "Looks like we made it before Oscar started playing." I said as we left the school grounds.

"You know we could have waited for Star." Stella pointed out.

"No, she likes his music so she would just have stayed." I said as I continued walking. "Not to mention that she probably has plans with Marcus."

"Marco!" Stella said as she walked in front of me. "Star is only friends with him, and he doesn't live in the same house as you." She placed her hands on her hips. "Now tell me, what's wrong?"

I looked away. "I … it's compli-"

"Don't you dare say complicated!" She interrupted.

I sighed and looked away. "Personal."

"Personal?" She asked. "Sounds more like your jealous of someone who has Star's attention."

I looked at her, then looked away. "I … don't want to talk about it right now."

Just then, a portal opened in front of us, causing both Stella and I to stare at it in shock. "Marco." Stella began. "What is that?"

I was about to answer but Ludo and his minions came through. "Ah, Star Butterfly." He said as he looked at Stella. "Wait a second." He walked up to us and took a closer look. "You're not Star." He turned to Buff Frog. "You said that this was Star Butterfly."

"I made a mistake?" Buff Frog responded.

"Star's not here." I interrupted. "So can you just leave us alone?"

Ludo turned back to us. "Oh no, getting rid of Star's ex body guard should still have an impact on her."

"Ex?" I asked.

"Yes, ex. Her new body guard is that guy with the crazy explosives."

I stood there in disbelief. "Star … said she replaced me?"

"I'm sure that it was just a misunderstanding." Stella said as she placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Looked like she replaced you, to me." Ludo said nonchalantly.

"Can we just get this over with!?" I shouted.

"Fine." Ludo said with a shrug. He turned to his minions. "You know the drill, destroy them."

His minions started charging and Stella and I took fighting stances.

I kicked Bearicorn, then punched him, causing him to fall over before roundhouse kicking Three-eyed-potato-baby. "Is that all you got?" I asked.

Just then, I saw Emmitt standing in front of me cracking his knuckles. "Oh, so you want a rematch?" I asked as I punched my fist. He replied with something incomprehensible. "Them's fighting words." I said as I pointed at him. "I … think."

Just then, Stella ran in duel wielding escrima sticks and striking his solar plexus; causing him to fall over. "Get in the game Marco." She said, a little annoyed.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Big Chicken. I avoided his beak and chopped him in the stomach. I was then tackled by Deer Beard who knocked me to the ground. "Get off!" I shouted as I struggled to get free. I managed to get an arm free, which allowed me to elbow him in the face, freeing myself.

When I got up I saw Stella standing around a bunch of defeated monsters. "Is that all of them?" She asked.

"I think so." I replied before a spike ball came between the two of us. "Except Spikeballs!" He swung his spike ball at me but he was slow enough that I managed to dodge out of the way in time. I quickly regrouped with Stella, and we stood side by side staring at Spikeballs.