Chapter Twenty-Two: Moment in Time

AUTHOR'S POV 

It's been several minutes since Laurent received the call that his testing was negative and there are so many emotions he's feeling as he continues embracing the love of his life. Happiness, joy, excitement, gratitude. Just so many things within him but gratitude is without question what he feels the most. This call could've went far left and the tears in his eyes could be that of despair, hurt and uncertainty depending on what it could have been such as if was easily curable or something far worse. He's never been more grateful and felt more blessed because not everyone who's been in his shoes receives a clean bill of health. The tears haven't stopped flowing...and they haven't stopped flowing from Larry either. All of the emotions Laurent feels in this moment Larry feels the same and every time he feels Laurent squeeze a little tighter he does the same or he lightly kisses the side of his neck. The moment they embraced Laurent's body was trembling due to his fear and nervous about what he would hear...but that trembling is slowly releasing from his body and now he just wants to look into the eyes of the man he loves so he gently pulls away. His eyes are puffy with a hint of red and as two fresh tears roll down his cheeks Larry brings his hand up to gently wipe them away...

Larry: *smile* "I knew it would be ok", he whispers. 

Laurent: *smile* "Thank you my love", he whispers back.

Larry: "Welcome". 

Laurent: *smile* "You know it was your faith and your strength that got me through waiting for the results". *pause* "You didn't become distant. You stayed right with me and I love you so much". 

Larry: "I would never do that baby. I have been in love with you for so long nothing would ever make me distant from you because I love you too". 

Laurent gazes into those sweet brown eyes and he just shakes as head as if he can't believe how lucky he is to have someone so amazing. His gaze drops from Larry's eyes to his lips, then slowly back up to his eyes again and after hearing those beautiful words flow from his lips he doesn't respond verbally. Instead, he leans forward to plant a gentle kiss to which Larry happily returns...even takes Laurent's face delicately in his as their lips connect. This kiss is one of their most simple as it's just their lips...soft and romantic. They eventually pull away and go back to looking into each other's eyes...

Laurent: *smile* "I can make love to my love now", he whispers. 

Larry: *smile* "I can't wait", he whispers back. 

Now of course they could just go to their room and make love right now. They sure do want to and with the steady build up and anticipation it's for sure to be the best moment of their lives...but Laurent wants it to be extremely special and he has an idea so he wipes away the last few tears and tells his love exactly that...

Laurent: "You know something my love. As much as I want to make love to you right now I want to plan something special for that time...but it will be very soon. I just think we should do something first". 

Larry: *smile* "I'm ready for whatever it is". *pause* "But what should we do first"? 

Laurent: "I think we should tell mama that we're together. I know she will support us because she supports everything with us". 

Larry: *smile and nod* "I agree and I'm sure she's home now so we should go over there". 

Laurent: "I'll call her first to make sure then we can go". 

Larry: "Oki baby. You call her and I'm going to freshen up". 

Larry can't resist giving his love another kiss before he heads for the bedroom and as he walks away Laurent extends his hand and applies a tickle to Larry's bottom causing Larry to giggle then look back to wink at him. Laurent smiles as he playfully shakes his head then places the call to mama who is at home and told Laurent that she can't wait to see them. Laurent returns the sentiment and once he releases the call he goes to the bedroom to freshen up alongside his love. Now with fresh faces and wide smiles they're ready to leave so they head for the front door. Laurent swipes the keys from the table as Larry opens the door and they walk out into a beyond beautiful day. The air is crisp and the clouds in the sky are few giving way to the perfect blue sky. They get in the car and it seems they're even more carefree because they know in their heart of hearts that mama will be more than accepting of their union. Many may not understand and many may not accept it...but mama is in a class of her own and anything that brings her boys happiness she will always support. Laurent cranks up the engine but before he takes off he looks over and smiles at Larry who smiles right back at him. They have the same thought as to what they're feeling so without any words they just lean towards each other and kiss then Larry rests against his seat as Laurent puts the car in drive and takes off...