6

I woke up to darkness and the smell of cinder. My mouth was gagged and my hands were tied. I was tied up to a chair in the center of a dimly lit room. All I could feel was immediate panic. I tried to move but there was no way that I could. I tried to push the gag out my mouth, but it wasn't going anywhere.

Where the hell was I?

I wasn't alone in the room. Tosha was sitting on the other side of the room. She wasn't on a chair like I was. She was laid on the floor and her eyes seemed excited when they caught mine. I wanted to comfort her in some kind of masculine way and give her assurance that everything was going to be ok.

She looked so afraid. Tears were coming down her eyes like water.

Fuck...what day was it...the ship would be leaving in just a few days. I had to make it back to the ship. I COULDN'T BE LEFT IN AFRICA! My passport, all my papers were on that ship. I knew I wasn't on the ship. I was in some kind of back hut in the country.

That was when the door opened with a loud boom.

Men walked in. They were masked men. There were about three of them. They all looked at me with this weird look.

A deep accent roared from one of their mouths. "Whose this?" He seemed angry and little bit confused as his dark African eyes set on me like the moonlight.

The other men seemed as confused as he was.

"He was with the girl...we just took him."

"She said only the girl! She said ONLY the girl!"

Who was she? I couldn't tell. They must have noticed I was listening because they began to shout at each other in a native tongue. They retreated out of the door together.

What had I gotten myself into now?
I always wanted to be a hero. I should have called for help. Amir would have

been there. I wondered if he even realized I was gone.

What if I died today? I wouldn't get to tell him everything that I felt about him. He'd never know. I couldn't help but thinking about him. It seemed to make me feel a whole lot better.

I fell asleep and woke back up several times. It was the only thing that I knew that I could do. Each time I woke up the first thing I could think about was Amir. I wondered if Tosha was thinking about him as well. She seemed like she was real taken by him when they were talking.

As usual...I wasn't the only one.

I tried to turn my wrist to look at my Father's watch and see what time it was. I

had managed to succeed. Time had been passing quickly. It was the next day. I wondered if anyone realized that I was missing.

I had fallen asleep again. This time when I woke up, I was being dragged out of the chair. I looked over at Tosha, they weren't moving her. They were just moving me.

They had taken me outside and I knew we were definitely in the interior now. There were bushes every where and the dirt road seemed to go on for miles. We must have been far away from the city.

Were they going to shoot me?

I started to whine a little scared, but then I saw a van. It was a huge yellow van that obviously had to be a cab. I watched as the African man came out from the driver's side and opened up the door.

It was her...Patience.

"Untie him," she ordered the masked men, "You idiots. You can't do anything right. Untie him! What you thought I wouldn't have found out about your little slip up. Did you plan on hiding it!"